On 7/7/2023 at 5:06 PM, Newt2005 said:

TERATERPETON
UkH-ghgz47qQY4zpUrjPMjnCVvqJ-VnWfcVlEINUAddd2guRv1CUOZ4RG2rnGTHFhKkG4E_DsYs7E7WAyyhGZQRir8fkbK6_K-FDxI2orVlw1HFXleSiPA_24UP5lU83boz7FVOiU_8dj0KG

Abilities:

Primary attack: Bite/Snatch
Teraterpeton has a standard bite attack. However, by holding down the primary attack button you will charge a close range grabbing attack. This ability works on creatures up to the size of an Ovis. You can use the snatch offensively to grab shoulder pets off of survivors.

First ability: Impaling tongue
Teraterpeton’s tongue is sharp, strong, and dripping with venom. This venom allows Teraterpeton to disable the abilities of creatures for a time. While pierced by the tongue Creatures up to a medium size can be completely prevented from fleeing, but larger creatures can be slowed or stopped depending how many Teraterpeton are using Impaling tongue.

.0Xi8My3It5YsfEgdDnQwvqoKzIwJgUfd_a5CANgMiIQC9-cSzeNomaCkZ6fb6WFwg9CZlK4qn6jDERCQHGqZ12M6b8ZybqK4Fh-YtCnKHbuXuTXGwOl5k9AxMEAFeQ3tsFDh-UE-jiRyB34v

All sensing tongue is great for tracking creatures and resources. Using this ability will reveal the creatures (including their levels) and resource veins around you within a large radius.

Third ability Crawling earth
Teraterpeton is able to climb and is relatively quiet compared to other climbers. While climbing, Teraterpeton is able to use Impaling Tongue to drag small creatures into its mouth. 

Passive ability: Resistant scales
Every once in a while Teraterpeton will shed its skin; this skin can be found inside of its inventory and can be crafted into cloaks which provide 50% resistance to torpor draining attacks and acid attacks.

Wild Behavior:

Teraterpeton stalks cloaked in the shadows of Aberration’s great roots. While hunting, they hide in darkness, waiting for prey to pass. When a mark walks by, Teraterpeton packs spring their trap! A flurry of tongues descend upon the prey, immobilizing the beast while the rest of the pack tears it to shreds. Teraterpeton babies can be found on the backs of females, watching the adults hunt. If the female they are riding on is killed they will quickly run away but can still be tamed using the methods listed below.

Taming:

Tranquilizers have no effect on Teraterpeton, instead, by throwing enough plant species Z fruit at a Teraterpeton it will begin to recognize the survivor as a consistent source of food (similar to how ducks respond to humans). After this has been achieved, the Teraterpeton will become passive to the player and respond to traditional passive taming methods, its favorite foods being mutton and plant species Z seeds.

Tamed:

When tamed, Teraterpeton make great pets for hunters and group explorers. They benefit greatly from pack mentality and can take down the largest prey when together. Their saddle allows the survivor to craft the aforementioned cloak.

Additional Information:

Teraterpeton is approximately Thylacoleo height and Carnotarus length.
Teraterpeton has similar speed to a raptor.
Teraterpeton lives in dark areas of the Green Zone and some areas of the Bioluminescent Zone.
Teraterpeton is inspired by multiple creatures including the Argentine Giant Tegu, Giant anteaters, Komodo dragons,  Canada goose, Cuban false chameleon, Three toed woodpecker, and Spoonbill duck.

Conclusion:

Teraterpeton is a fun new way to help assist with creature abilities
An excellent addition to keep you on your toes in the caverns of Aberration!
And if you like Teraterpeton make sure to…

DZNn1yUUajhU7C0yLqZBpxJsTQiUa8h-nYByNv4DN1-eU0j_0KpDaASd0IUOnwlip_aMFHtcgnkp7mL93SE-PQrXwvnJhVqPw7tO0eF5Z7XtceX4E7tZur1hwTSE7mGxrfxd4gUL5D7GJnuw

Credits:

Art by @Annoyed_Persistence on Instagram
Dossier editing by Lapis Lazuli
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teraterpeton

I loooove this concept,  and really hope it makes it to the game. Once I'm able to vote this is what I'm voting for. Great art too!

2 hours ago, Saroodles222 said:

I loooove this concept,  and really hope it makes it to the game. Once I'm able to vote this is what I'm voting for. Great art too!

Thank you very much :) me and my friend work very hard on these designs, and I can't wait to show off the designs I have coming in the future ❤️ 

Hello! the concept is amazing and would fit perfectly into aberration. I have another idea for the creature: it would be very cool if there was an alpha with a small chance. but not a normal alpha like alpha rex... but a tameable alpha! He has normal random colors and doesn't have alpha smoke around him like the other alpha creatures. he is always male and much larger and stronger than the other teras. it is very rare and only found in a few packs. as an alpha, he has a terrifying roar that briefly blinds or even freezes enemy players and smaller creatures. the alpha also has a longer and larger tongue with which it can also grab larger animals than normal teras. The Alpha Tera has a 3.5% chance of spawning in a pack making it very difficult to find an alpha. the alphas are tamed differently than the others of his kind: you have to kill all the others of the pack or lure him somewhere where he is alone and then bring him some tamed creatures for him to eat and thereby become tamed since he will then see you as friendly and useful looks (the bigger the dino and the level, the higher the effectiveness) would be amazing if you could bring one or the other idea into the game! good work!

Edited by ShadowmanCK
Sorry for bad english.

8 hours ago, ShadowmanCK said:

Hello! the concept is amazing and would fit perfectly into aberration. I have another idea for the creature: it would be very cool if there was an alpha with a small chance. but not a normal alpha like alpha rex... but a tameable alpha! He has normal random colors and doesn't have alpha smoke around him like the other alpha creatures. he is always male and much larger and stronger than the other teras. it is very rare and only found in a few packs. as an alpha, he has a terrifying roar that briefly blinds or even freezes enemy players and smaller creatures. the alpha also has a longer and larger tongue with which it can also grab larger animals than normal teras. The Alpha Tera has a 3.5% chance of spawning in a pack making it very difficult to find an alpha. the alphas are tamed differently than the others of his kind: you have to kill all the others of the pack or lure him somewhere where he is alone and then bring him some tamed creatures for him to eat and thereby become tamed since he will then see you as friendly and useful looks (the bigger the dino and the level, the higher the effectiveness) would be amazing if you could bring one or the other idea into the game! good work!

This is a great idea ❤️ 

On 7/7/2023 at 6:18 PM, Newt2005 said:

Untitled_Artwork.png

On 7/7/2023 at 6:06 PM, Newt2005 said:

TERATERPETON
UkH-ghgz47qQY4zpUrjPMjnCVvqJ-VnWfcVlEINUAddd2guRv1CUOZ4RG2rnGTHFhKkG4E_DsYs7E7WAyyhGZQRir8fkbK6_K-FDxI2orVlw1HFXleSiPA_24UP5lU83boz7FVOiU_8dj0KG

Abilities:

Primary attack: Bite/Snatch
Teraterpeton has a standard bite attack. However, by holding down the primary attack button you will charge a close range grabbing attack. This ability works on creatures up to the size of an Ovis. You can use the snatch offensively to grab shoulder pets off of survivors.

First ability: Impaling tongue
Teraterpeton’s tongue is sharp, strong, and dripping with venom. This venom allows Teraterpeton to disable the abilities of creatures for a time. While pierced by the tongue Creatures up to a medium size can be completely prevented from fleeing, but larger creatures can be slowed or stopped depending how many Teraterpeton are using Impaling tongue.

.0Xi8My3It5YsfEgdDnQwvqoKzIwJgUfd_a5CANgMiIQC9-cSzeNomaCkZ6fb6WFwg9CZlK4qn6jDERCQHGqZ12M6b8ZybqK4Fh-YtCnKHbuXuTXGwOl5k9AxMEAFeQ3tsFDh-UE-jiRyB34v

All sensing tongue is great for tracking creatures and resources. Using this ability will reveal the creatures (including their levels) and resource veins around you within a large radius.

Third ability Crawling earth
Teraterpeton is able to climb and is relatively quiet compared to other climbers. While climbing, Teraterpeton is able to use Impaling Tongue to drag small creatures into its mouth. 

Passive ability: Resistant scales
Every once in a while Teraterpeton will shed its skin; this skin can be found inside of its inventory and can be crafted into cloaks which provide 50% resistance to torpor draining attacks and acid attacks.

Wild Behavior:

Teraterpeton stalks cloaked in the shadows of Aberration’s great roots. While hunting, they hide in darkness, waiting for prey to pass. When a mark walks by, Teraterpeton packs spring their trap! A flurry of tongues descend upon the prey, immobilizing the beast while the rest of the pack tears it to shreds. Teraterpeton babies can be found on the backs of females, watching the adults hunt. If the female they are riding on is killed they will quickly run away but can still be tamed using the methods listed below.

Taming:

Tranquilizers have no effect on Teraterpeton, instead, by throwing enough plant species Z fruit at a Teraterpeton it will begin to recognize the survivor as a consistent source of food (similar to how ducks respond to humans). After this has been achieved, the Teraterpeton will become passive to the player and respond to traditional passive taming methods, its favorite foods being mutton and plant species Z seeds.

Tamed:

When tamed, Teraterpeton make great pets for hunters and group explorers. They benefit greatly from pack mentality and can take down the largest prey when together. Their saddle allows the survivor to craft the aforementioned cloak.

Additional Information:

Teraterpeton is approximately Thylacoleo height and Carnotarus length.
Teraterpeton has similar speed to a raptor.
Teraterpeton lives in dark areas of the Green Zone and some areas of the Bioluminescent Zone.
Teraterpeton is inspired by multiple creatures including the Argentine Giant Tegu, Giant anteaters, Komodo dragons,  Canada goose, Cuban false chameleon, Three toed woodpecker, and Spoonbill duck.

Conclusion:

Teraterpeton is a fun new way to help assist with creature abilities
An excellent addition to keep you on your toes in the caverns of Aberration!
And if you like Teraterpeton make sure to…

DZNn1yUUajhU7C0yLqZBpxJsTQiUa8h-nYByNv4DN1-eU0j_0KpDaASd0IUOnwlip_aMFHtcgnkp7mL93SE-PQrXwvnJhVqPw7tO0eF5Z7XtceX4E7tZur1hwTSE7mGxrfxd4gUL5D7GJnuw

Credits:

Art by @Annoyed_Persistence on Instagram
Dossier editing by Lapis Lazuli
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teraterpeton

Pretty cool creature

• Newt2005 changed the title to Teraterpeton The Crawler (NEW ART)
19 hours ago, Newt2005 said:

What maps would you suggest my friend?

One thing I really like about this creature is that, when I imagine it on this map, it gives me a little bit of fear. I say that as a compliment, of course. I think it would be a perfect addition to any future map, such as Valguero or others that have an aberrant section.

In addition to its other abilities, I would love to see this creature be able to fish. I know it may seem silly, but I think it would be a perfect replacement for the fishing rod and harpoon. This way, you could fish immediately without having to wait for the fish to bite in a mini-game. You would only have to aim and shoot to get loot and fish meat, just like with a rod. Additionally, depending on the level of the creature, the loot would improve as its level gets higher.

I think this ability, plus all the ones it already has, would be an excuse for it to continue participating in other maps, and I would love to see it on this map or on future maps.  :)