Cryo pods in ASA

5 hours ago, Tylanater said:

The proof is in the fact that PvE is bigger than PvP these days.

PvE has always been bigger than PvP, even though tons of PvP players don't realize it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not criticizing PvP in any way. I understand the appeal of PvP. In previous online games I played almost all PvP. When I started ARK I played PvP first and then changed to PvE later because of my schedule. If I had unlimited time I'd still be playing PvP today, the competitive aspect of it is super fun.

But... no matter how much you might like it, or how much I might want to like it, it's still the case that beginning from the first moment that PvE was available in ARK, the majority of players have been PvE.

PvP has a way higher potential community (as seen by the most played games in pretty much every genre in recent years)

You're comparing apples to oranges. PvP in Fortnite, or any first person shooter ever, is nothing like PvP in ARK. PvP in MMORPG's (like WoW, etc.) is nothing like PvP in ARK. PvP in MOBA's (like LoL, etc.) is nothing like PvP in ARK.

The fact that other games have PvP, or even that many games are built entirely on PvP, does not mean in any way that those same people would like ARK PvP.

The size of the ARK PvP community is not limited by Tek, it's not limited by cryopods, it's limited by the fact that PvP in ARK is fully destructive, that you can lose everything. There are lots of people who play PvP in other games who don't like PvP in ARK at all. Fully destructive PvP is the single biggest factor that limits the size of the PvP audience for ARK. While it's true that some people have left ARK because of Tek, and it's maybe even true that a handful of people (like really, a tiny number) have left ARK because of cryopods, those factors are tiny compared to the fundamental fact that ARK PvP is fully destructive, that is the thing that will always create a maximum cap on the PvP population in ARK.

The dropoff started happening in Extinction.

That might be true... possibly, but that sounds more like an anecdotal feeling rather something based on data. Do you have a link to post that shows the history of the number of daily players in PvP (on Official servers, of course)?