Roster Speculation Room

Haumea

Come here and share your hopes, ideas, and speculations about Ark 2's roster, be it Dinosaur concepts, indigenous aliens, stb.

Currently confirmed roster members:

• Ankylosaurus
  • Araneomorphus
  • Aratai
  • Archaeopteryx
  • Brachiosaurus
  • Carnotaurus
  • Ceratosaurus (not 100% certain)
  • Chameleon
  • Coelacanth
  • Dodo
  • Exellia
  • Parasaurolophus
  • Pteranodon
  • Smilodon
  • Stegosaurus
  • Sturgeon
  • Triceratops
  • Trout
  • Tyrannosaurus
  • Utahraptor

There are also some cave paintings, which can't be clearly identified as anything

image.png.05bfb5595893993337e808530090a8ca.pngimage.png.6bd4ef1f6fa43258d297362dbd8b8244.png

If you have any idea on what these could be, please share it

My personal speculations are the following

Troodon might be dropped, since it's not a valid genus anymore. The new style is taking a slightly more accurate approach, breaking from the Jurassic Park designs. It would be cool to see Dilophosaurus filling it's niche as a small, nocturnal venomous packhunter, losing it's frill and spit for a venomous bite. It would be a nice way to break from the JP tropes while still somewhat keeping the original creature's identity.

All the concepts and trailers so far give me a more inland feel. I mean, it's weird that they don't have anything for the most iconic biome of the first game. (Edit: The fishing concept art does show something reminiscent of a beach, but it's not nearly as wide and livable as in Ark 1, so my point still kind of stands.) Anyways, this, combined with the fact that everyone hates it, including the devs to some extent (the only pose for it's taxidermy is laying on the ground), might mean that Ichthyornis might not follow into the second game.

Fantasy creatures might also be at least reduced in ammount, becouse the focus is no longer really on them that much. By "Fantasy Creatures" I mean stuff like Wyvern, Rock Elemental, Deathworm, and other Mythology inspired creatures. Wyvern and Rock Elemental probably have the most chance of making it due to their iconicity, even then probably just in a DLC.

Custom map specific Creatures like Deinonychus, Amargasaurus and Fjordhawk more than likely won't make it into the sequel either, becouse custom maps' canonicity are questionable at best.

Edited by Haumea
  • Like 1