About the voting policies.

Zhelander23

It is really poor of Wild Card to exclude so many members of the community this way.  This type of thing is a big part of why I have so many friends who won't touch anything Wild Card develops with a 10 foot pole.  Alienating the community is never the right thing to do. 

I made this account specifically to have a voice in the top-10 creature vote for Aberration, but I will probably end up deleting it since they clearly don't care to have my input.  I have been playing since 2016, have nearly 2k hours on Steam, and my housemates and I run an unofficial server, with them having even more hours than myself.  There are so many ways you could verify that the people voting and interacting are actually people who play and not bot or duplicate accounts, and forum participation is clearly not one of them.

This whole situation has been mishandled.  If Wild Card was really worried about bot and duplicate accounts influencing the vote, they should have stopped the voting (or tossed the final results) when they realized there was a problem, weeded out the bots and duplicates, and had the community re-do the final vote before moving on to other maps.

• Volunteer Moderator
16 minutes ago, RaucousRose said:

It is really poor of Wild Card to exclude so many members of the community this way.  This type of thing is a big part of why I have so many friends who won't touch anything Wild Card develops with a 10 foot pole.  Alienating the community is never the right thing to do. 

I made this account specifically to have a voice in the top-10 creature vote for Aberration, but I will probably end up deleting it since they clearly don't care to have my input.  I have been playing since 2016, have nearly 2k hours on Steam, and my housemates and I run an unofficial server, with them having even more hours than myself.  There are so many ways you could verify that the people voting and interacting are actually people who play and not bot or duplicate accounts, and forum participation is clearly not one of them.

This whole situation has been mishandled.  If Wild Card was really worried about bot and duplicate accounts influencing the vote, they should have stopped the voting (or tossed the final results) when they realized there was a problem, weeded out the bots and duplicates, and had the community re-do the final vote before moving on to other maps.

The drama. You can vote after 6 posts, 25 hours after creating an account. 

Edited by Joebl0w13

• 3 weeks later...