I don't immediately think "Ragnarok " when I think of thus guy the way I do for the Bison (and I DESPERATELY want the Bison already!!!!) BUUUUTTTT I REALLY have fallen for this guy and want him in the game sometime too! I had the Moa as my top pick last time with this guy as a very close 2nd to me and wanted one or the other. I had a very Darth Vader "NOOOOOOOO!" Luke Skywalker "No! That's impossible!" super dramatic cry when I saw that this guy and the Moa were 2nd and 3rd in the ranked voting when I wanted them SOOOOOOOO badly and had the Faso down around 6th or 7th for me, personally. I don't have a problem with this guy being a therapod since it's not THAT TYPE that we're overcrowded with. 

So, while I'm very "Bison or bust!" for Rag I would not be disappointed if this guy finally took it this time either. And if not this map, I hope it comes in at some point. It'd be SOOOOOOO useful with the ideas you have for it, especially for my (and my tribe's) game play preferences/style. And it's cool looking. AND I feel a slight degree of "pity vote" for this and the gorgonopsid that were "planned but cut from the team". They deserve to be added now if they were already planned before ^^; . 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AmanaTishala said:

I don't immediately think "Ragnarok " when I think of thus guy the way I do for the Bison (and I DESPERATELY want the Bison already!!!!) BUUUUTTTT I REALLY have fallen for this guy and want him in the game sometime too! I had the Moa as my top pick last time with this guy as a very close 2nd to me and wanted one or the other. I had a very Darth Vader "NOOOOOOOO!" Luke Skywalker "No! That's impossible!" super dramatic cry when I saw that this guy and the Moa were 2nd and 3rd in the ranked voting when I wanted them SOOOOOOOO badly and had the Faso down around 6th or 7th for me, personally. I don't have a problem with this guy being a therapod since it's not THAT TYPE that we're overcrowded with. 

So, while I'm very "Bison or bust!" for Rag I would not be disappointed if this guy finally took it this time either. And if not this map, I hope it comes in at some point. It'd be SOOOOOOO useful with the ideas you have for it, especially for my (and my tribe's) game play preferences/style. And it's cool looking. AND I feel a slight degree of "pity vote" for this and the gorgonopsid that were "planned but cut from the team". They deserve to be added now if they were already planned before ^^; . 

Thank you kindly! I will say that, since the wider ARK community is so vastly different to the ones who are out here commenting on posts in the vote, and the fact said wider ARK community voted this into a very close second, I think chances are really good for Gigantoraptor to get in!

As much as I'd love to win, I'm lowkey hoping to get second again so Carchar ruling can apply, where if something gets such a close second a buncha times they add it in cuz the community clearly wants it. That way, we'd get two awesome creatures from the vote!

I'm personally hoping the Bison comes through modded content, since that's going to be crossplatform in ASA. I don't hate the idea, but a lot of the utility-based mechanics are 1:1's of existing items in the game (beef=mutton, bison cheese=wyvern milk, etc), so I'd be worried that a lot of the more interesting PVE roleplay parts of the suggestion that people like wouldn't be added by WC since it'd just increase the size of the game without adding anything "technically" new.

Whatever the case though, thanks for the support and may the best creature win!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ashgcy said:

Thank you kindly! I will say that, since the wider ARK community is so vastly different to the ones who are out here commenting on posts in the vote, and the fact said wider ARK community voted this into a very close second, I think chances are really good for Gigantoraptor to get in!

As much as I'd love to win, I'm lowkey hoping to get second again so Carchar ruling can apply, where if something gets such a close second a buncha times they add it in cuz the community clearly wants it. That way, we'd get two awesome creatures from the vote!

I'm personally hoping the Bison comes through modded content, since that's going to be crossplatform in ASA. I don't hate the idea, but a lot of the utility-based mechanics are 1:1's of existing items in the game (beef=mutton, bison cheese=wyvern milk, etc), so I'd be worried that a lot of the more interesting PVE roleplay parts of the suggestion that people like wouldn't be added by WC since it'd just increase the size of the game without adding anything "technically" new.

Whatever the case though, thanks for the support and may the best creature win!

Honestly, I've been saying for awhile that we need to start voting on the top 10 as "please add in this order of most wanted" because some of these animals KEEP making it to top ranks so obviously a large group of the community wants them! So can we please have them all...just we want this one faster and then the next on down the line? ^^; lol. But, yeah, if the "rule of 2nd place" becomes a thing for more than just the carchar then yes, please, let's get 2-for-1 heh! I'd really love to see this guy in the game for sure. There are similar niches as some other dinos but this guy seems BETTER and still differing enough to not override the others but pair nicely and do some additional needed nanny help. 

I agree that the beef=mutton thing seemed a bit redundant (and I think there was a pelt=wool thing too way back in the original that just seemed like "well, on this part I'll disagree because otherwise sheep have no purpose ") and could be afraid that the cooler abilities might fall to the wayside but I'd hope not. It seems hard to tell now because the baboons didn't get the guns, the bats got most of the suggested ideas in some way or other, the giant kaiju bug got all its OP nonsense and made me wonder why others were nerfed into nearly-uselessness :/ . But I feel like the Bison has gotten up there so many times it'd be nice to have it finally in the game IF done right. The IF being the key, you're 100% correct. But I'd DEFINITELY love for a more utility creature that is creative make it in instead of some big Ole chomping/chonker "such and such op counter" beastie. 

Thus far if the top 10 remain as they are now I'm going with Bison, this guy, and the gorgon as my top 3 because they all seem HELPFUL and creative and fun. 

If(hopefully WHEN) this guy makes it in, man...it'd be so pretty to see if they keep it with such lovely feathers!

• Like 1

Really love this idea and this creature, I'm glad it's back and I'm glad that it'll definitely be in the vote again. I ranked it really high in my scorched vote, and now with the moa and ledumahadi gone I think it'll get first place in my vote. This, the bison, sivatherium, and nodosaur seem to really fit in some of Ragnarok's biomes. Also after reading some replies I really agree with you, if this gets second again I hope it gets the carchar treatment and still gets added. That way we'd get two awesome creatures. Good luck with the final vote.

Edited by roy3100

While I like the mechanics of this creature I think it’s stats are underwhelming for something that’s yuty sized or bigger. It should atleast have the base health of a yuty (1100) and it’s base damage should be around 50 or so, 25/30 for something of its size is very underwhelming. Make the mothers fury ability be useful by having its base damage double what’s indicated in the post. 

11 minutes ago, ElPINGUcubano94 said:

While I like the mechanics of this creature I think it’s stats are underwhelming for something that’s yuty sized or bigger. It should atleast have the base health of a yuty (1100) and it’s base damage should be around 50 or so, 25/30 for something of its size is very underwhelming. Make the mothers fury ability be useful by having its base damage double what’s indicated in the post. 

The stats are just a suggestion for WC. They could buff/nerf as they see fit!

The reason that the base damage is 25/30 is because the attack that does 30 hits twice, so it bumps up to 60, just in two separate hits of 30. That puts it almost on par with the rex's bite.

The health seems underwhelming, but the spino (strangely enough) only has 700 base health and is faaar larger than the yuty. 750 base health is my way of counteracting the fact Mother's Fury gives the thing an additional 20% damage resistance, which on top of imprint bonus and strong saddles could make it quite tanky imo. Didn't want to go too overboard on the bonus damage either because I don't want to become one of those "powerful for sake of powerful" folks in the contest. But if WC buffs the thing if/when it gets added? By all means!

Edited by ashgcy

First of all, congratulations for this creature, I voted for this one in the last mission and of course, I’m doing it again. It would be SOOOO helpful. I need to imprint faster (official pve player)

secondly, I would like to clarify a mistake I made in my creature suggestion, the hummingbird. I don’t have the original account because I lost my password. I add that suggestion just for fun, but I was really happy with it and I spend a couple hours making it. I’m a very enthusiastic ark player and I just wanted to take part of this creature suggestion, not with the intentions of winning (there are so much better ideas), only for fun. I know how to edit, but I’m not an artist, so I picked lots of cool arts I saw in the internet (uploaded by random users, some pictures are from 10years ago) and it’s imposible for me to know who was the original author. I didn’t want to appropriate arts from artists. You made me feel bad for it, I didn’t mean to do that.

hope you can understand me. Good luck! I thinks this is the time for the gigantoraptor Regalimaia

On 04/06/2023 at 13:37, ILikeReptiles said:

Sim, ajuda a imprimir criaturas, mas sempre tivemos criaturas 100% impressas, não é tão difícil conseguir imprimir um giga. Não se esqueça de que teremos desmod vindo com Fjordur. Talvez possamos obter criatura por impressão, mas deveria têm outras habilidades também, como aumentar a taxa de crescimento ou aumentar a chance de mutação,

That's a great idea. In the 2nd voting phase this must be included. For players who don't like to use tek or electronic items this would be a great suggestion to replace the Nanny. 

2 hours ago, Thiranossauro said:

1421503931_images-2023-06-09T071021_090.jpeg.f75385aab2bb7ce337490c36481cc11f.jpegEu simplesmente amo a ideia do Gigantoraptor, desde sua domesticação até sua utilidade. Seu design é lindo e entendo que a inspiração de um dinossauro da minha terra seria as penas nos ombros são do Ubirajara Jabutus 

Oh I LOVE Ubirajara! Such a cool dinosaur!

The inspiration for the fancy feathers on my gigantoraptor actually comes from birds of paradise, more specifically this bird, the King of Saxony Bird of Paradise
82632b925a409d8bfb27e3af45ab750c.jpg