ARK: Survival Ascended: Is there going to be creature redesigns and remodels?

JadeHellBlade910

Suggestion

I was wondering if there are going to be redesigns in ARK: Survival Ascended. And this goes for every creature in the game. But the ones I'm specifically talking abput are the Wyverns in Scorched Earth. Ever since Wyverns came out, they've been my favorite creatures in Ark. But...they've always been missing something to me. Mainly, how derpy they look for being "Wyverns".  Except the Ice Wyvern. The Ice Wyvern actually looks pretty good to me. But the Lightning Wyvern, and the Fire Wyvern in particular look pretty derpy to me. As compared to the original concept art at least. (If you haven't seen it, it's really f***ing cool looking.) I'm not sure if anyone else agrees with me, but the Lightning, Fire, and basic Crystal Wyverns don't look intimidating in the slightest. The Crystal Wyvern Queen however does look intimidating because of the skull it wears. The Poison Wyvern has the frills. The Ice Wyvern has Shards of Ice growing on it's body. The Voidwyrm (As useless as it is in PVE...) is a Robotic Wyvern. That's badass. The Lightning, Fire, and Crystal Wyverns just don't have anything like that to me. Sure, the Fire Wyvern has spikes, but they look like they are the horns and spikes of a Wyvern that never really grew into them. And the Lightning Wyvern has the "Fins" growing along it's back, but it just doesn't look all that good. If it covered more of the body, then it could look pretty cool. Plus, the triangular jaw structure of the lightning Wyvern always struck me as a bit odd. My suggestion is to have more Fins along it's body and along it's tail. Maybe have some spikes on it and have the fins intertwine between the spikes. That way it looks a bit more natural, instead of having it be one continuous strand of fins. And not having horns adds to the derpy look. Having fins underneath horns connected to the skull can add to it's look, and make it look intimidating in my opinion. Almost like frills but a little bit more fantasy looking. And this doesn't go for just Wyverns too. Rock Elementals always looked a little bit derpy to me too. And especially the Phoenix. For the thing only spawning once a map, it doesn't look like much at all. The Snow Owl looks better in every way. A redesigned Phoenix could look really cool in Unreal Engine 5. Especially if they add more avian features to it. Bigger wings could help with it. As Phoenix's usually have massive wings from what I see. As well as having a bigger stature. A One spawn creature shouldn't be as small as a Raptor if you ask me. Maybe I'm just being nit-picky. But I do believe that creature redesigns can make fan favorite creatures better in every way. Hell, it can make useless creatures become useful in some ways too. Maybe even new animations and abilities too. Since all flying creatures in the game have this extremely stale flying animation to me. They all fly perfectly straight. There's no weight, no bounce, and no indication of air resistance. There should be some bounce to them every time they flap their wings. It would add character to the creatures in the game, as well as giving each one a unique animation. Such as making the Wyvern have an animation in flight where when it flaps it's wings, it bobs up and down. It would give weight to it. It is a relative of the Dragon after all. And with some of the lighter flyers, there could be intervals in the animation where the wings just rest, like when the Griffin or the Snow Owl pull up from the glide. Same with the Wyvern. If you go in a straight line on a horizontal axis for a time, this gliding animation could do wonders for personality with the respective creature. Imagine seeing Wyverns fly through the air with their wings fully stretched out. Seeing the shadows on the ground would be straight out of a movie. Plus, if they wanted to go all out with this, they could have the idle flying animation have some veering to it. Or have the creature looking around. It would be a small visual adjustment, but like I said before, it would add character to the creatures. I know I'm probably being petty and I should just be happy with what I got, but I want Wyverns to be what they are. "Intimidating" beasts of power. I would maybe like to see what others think of my opinions.

Sincerely: Jade, a solo survivor.

0 replies to this server topic

There have been no replies to this suggestion yet