Ark Re-Mastered Suggestions.

Morikar

Suggestion

I've got 4 ideas here that I feel like are very minimal time consuming changes to make for the re-master of Ark.

Idea #1: Re-work the tips on the loading screens. Half of the tips if not more in current Ark is absolutely unhelpful and uninteresting information. I think tips such as "You can make parachutes at a early level. They can prevent you from taking fall damage when activated midair." "Cooked Lambchop can refill the most food and the most healing when your food is low." "Any kind of Cooked Meat can restore health but if your food gets full during the healing. The healing will stop." just helpful and actual things like that. I reckon it'd be nice if the tips actually told you some useful information on how to play the game.

Idea #2: Make it so when crafting from the Player Inventory say 100 stone arrows, all of the materials gets used up at once instead of the materials being used per craft. This way many people can just craft whatever the player inventory will allow and put away any excess items and can go about the tasks they would like to do without having the materials taking up weight and waiting for the crafting to finish. (If this is something that can be easily exploitive for PvP. Make it a PvE only feature if you have to)

Idea #3: Allow players to use consumables and have natural healing active when either swimming or falling. Additionally, also allow players to use shields when under water.

Idea #4: Have the Rockwell Recipes such as Calien Soup and Enduro Stew restore water and food, if not water. Food. Just make it so they restore something. Doesn't matter if its just 5 food. Have it restore food. Makes no sense to not have it restore at least food.

Ark Ascended is supposed to be a re-master. I understand that Idea number 2, 3 and 4 are intentional design choices due to exploits and what not. But you can absolutely re-work these design choices and make them less irritating but still keeping the main point of their intended purposes. And since the entire game wasn't very well thought out when it was first being developed, I'd think its a good idea to start thinking about the little details I've listed here. Of course you don't have to follow the ideas to the letter, but think about the potential re-works that can make the game a lot more fun but still keeping it a challenge.

1 reply to this server topic

Thank you for being one of the few people out there that are suggesting ways to make Ark Ascended good. As opposed to complaining that it existed.

To add an idea of my own; I think they should rebalance the player xp system. As it currently stands, its very easy (a little too easy in my opinion) to level up at the start, but obscenely difficult at the higher levels. It should definitely require more xp the higher you go, but not to the extent that it is now.

Archived