Scout555

Suggestion

Stethacanthus.jpg.617581307d920a312e84bc183dde894f.jpg

(Obviously not my picture/drawing)

Species: Stethacanthus Arenicolus
Time: Late Devonian(?)
Diet: Carnivore
Temperament: Aggressive

Wild: Stethacanthus Arenicolus is perhaps one of the strangest creatures I have ever encountered on these space stations, even among giant lightning spewing wyverns and literal rock golems my biologist brain absolutely hates it specifically. The Stethacanthus of the desert are for one MUCH larger than the ones encountered in the fossil record and are almost fully terrestrial despite those same fossil record species being fully aquatic, i'm not sure how big these sand sharks are but I would say that they approach the height of Tyrannosaurus Dominum when peaking over the sand like a garden eel and that leads to the whole "almost fully terrestrial" thing I said a while ago. Stethacanthus Arenicolus are sand swimmers, swimming (or more accurately burrowing) through the sand dunes for prey while also trying to avoid being eaten by the bigger death worms, in order to defend themselves Stethacanthus are capable of launching spikes form their anvil like crests which create nasty wounds on whatever is unfortunate enough to get hit by them. When not burrowing or peaking out of the sand Stethacanthus will move by using its front flexible fins to haul itself over the dunes.

Domesticated: Any tribe that manages to tough through the pain of attempting to tame a giant sand shark that shoots spikes will have an incredible desert war mount to lay siege to anything. Its sand swimming abilities make it easy to get to one place to another with powerful jaws to swallow entire groups of soldiers and its spiked anvil can be turned into a horrifying ranged weapon almost guaranteed to kill anything that is unfortunate enough to be focused on, however warriors riding Stethacanthus must be careful not to use up all the spikes or else they could quickly find themselves being swarmed by adversaries. For any tribe not (interested) in battle Stethacanthus still proves useful as its saddle can carry multiple people through the sand.

Technical Stuff: Stethacanthus mainly spawns in the dunes where death worms spawn, they'll typically be in "sand swim" mode with most of their body beneath the sand with only they're anvil crests peaking above, at the cost of being able to move pretty fast they can't attack in sand swim mode and lose oxygen (pretty slowly) too. When it wants to attack something Stethacanthus will go into "Sand Peaking" mode where it will go into a similar position to the death worm and begin biting or shooting spikes at whatever its attacking but it can't move in this mode, the spikes cause the bleeding status effect but absolutely churn through stamina and have ammo meaning even if you have high stamina you can't just go trigger happy with Stethacanthus unless you level up a unique stat knows as the Spike Stat, levelling this up gives you more spikes to shoot. Finally theres "Surface" mode, surface mode is probably the worst mode for a Stethacanthus to be in as its both slow moving and slow at attacking (to add insult to injury it can only bite in this mode) but this mode is beneficial 2 ways, 1. This is the only mode Stethacanthus can breed in and 2. This mode allows Stethacanthus to swim underwater, underwater Stethacanthus is a bit more competent than the land Surface Mode Stetha but being underwater consumes oxygen. In terms of breeding Stethacanthus are unique in that the eggs spawn in their inventory, just take them out of the inventory and hatch/raise it as any other land creature. The taming method is the standard knockout tame, the best/recommended food to feed while taming it is exceptional kibble.

2 replies to this server topic

Archived