Vrapkid2

Suggestion

Common name: Hatzegopteryx

Species: Hatzegopteryx Thambema

Time: Late Cretaceous 

Diet: Carnivore

Temperament: opportunistic 

Wild: 

In the raging deserts that it inhabits Hatzegopteryx has to commonly compete with wyverns and argentavis for food. Which is likely why it has a habit on snacking on survivors and other small creatures. They actively seek out weak surviors and will quickly stab them with their dagger beak. They know not to attack heavily geared survivors or tribes but will not hesitate taking an easy meal. 

Hatzegopteryx are extremely fast and have large dagger beaks which they use in fights against wyverns. They like to scavenge but will often take smaller animals and wyvern eggs.

though Hatzegopteryx prefer to avoid larger animals I have seen them kill rexes in fights over carcasses. You will probably find one patrolling the skies in search of survivors and small creatures. When they find something they can eat they will quickly descend.

Domesticated: 

when tamed Hatzegopteryx are one of the quickest ways to fly across the map, though their turning isn’t great. They are extremely competent on land and many survivors use them to steal wyvern eggs. Unlike Quetzalcoatlus, Hatzegopteryx are not strong enough to hold a platform saddle on their back but they can carry two survivors at once.

They are very powerful animals and are often used in battle. They are especially difficult to tame though as they are only loyal to those who feed them their favourite food, wyvern eggs.

Abilities:

they have similar stats to Quetzalcoatlus but are faster and have a quicker and more powerful bite but less weight. They can attack using either a bite or if on the land they can stomp but in the air can impale enemies with their beak. They can also dive but not as well as the griffin. Their saddle is unlocked at Lv79. 

1400C791-A8EA-4CC8-B2F5-BF072BE0FB5B.jpeg

10 replies to this server topic

[EDITED to make some significant changes on the creature] I really love the hatzegopteryx and i think it could be a great addition to SE (knowing there is no quetz on this map btw). Here is my contribution:

Hatzegopteryx:

General description:

The skies are the only place in ark that is safe: we need more flying creatures and especially on SE since when you have a wyvern, the skies are completely safe...

The male is approximately the size of a paracer. The females are a little smaller. The male has very bright colors unlike the females:

hatzsize.png.fe1ead139f93d18cd27ed8084e5e8ba8.png

Behavior:

Wild :

Hatzbg.jpg.437447681e3cd237c8592ed42bb702fb.jpg

(Credits: massive thanks to BangBooDoragon for the amazing concept art used in this photo montage. Sorry for the bad quality btw but it's due to file size limits)

• General : Hatzegopteryx migrate regularly, in groups (like cranes), from one oasis to another, from one mountain to another. When they arrive at their destination, they land and live rather peacefully, feeding on small to medium sized prey (no bigger than a Carno/sarco). They are the flock of the air and generally remain grouped around an alpha male, surrounded by other males and females too.
  • Male: extremely territorial. You approach a female, it's guaranteed death! He will chase you out of the herd and if you insist too much, he will attack you to death.
  • Female: passive. If attacked, it flees but always seeks to return to the male.

Taming:

• Female: bring them dead creatures. Be careful: they can try to eat you too and if you hit back, it will flee and males will come to defend it: you are warned!
  • Male: approach them with a dead creature (not that easy as they are territorials and females may attempt to eat your creature before you arrive to any male). Once a male has eaten the creature, you'll have a short time to ride it before it gets aggressive and then the taming is similar to the one of the voidwyrm. Note: it is much harder to tame the alpha male as other males are around it and the taming process is harder.

Domesticated:

• Female: This is a rather pve oriented mount with a crafting saddle. It farms stone and metal with her beak, and has a chance to harvest prime meat when eating small creatures. Abilities: Left click : beak strike (can impale <=> stego tail attack), Right click : wings slap (like wyverns) / grabs allies when flying, c key: boost for male (encouragement shout): +5% damage or stamina idk (adds up with the number of females), x : dive to the ground (not as powerful as the griffin). When it takes off, it emits a cloud of dust by flapping its wings which decreases the field of vision and slows down the creatures and players for a short period (2-3 sec) (<=> lymantria).

hatzf.jpg.fc28c746bdc395c92ca0eeda047fafb1.jpg

• Male: Fast and agile warrior mountó Toruk. Abilities: left click: peck (can impale), Right click: super peck that grabs the target for 5sec with bleeding damage (similar to tropeo), x: dive to the ground (not as powerful as griffin), space key: to fly or land.  When you fly on a dune, it reloads a reserve of sand that can then be dropped using the c key: it creates a dust clouds that slow down creatures and players and reduce vision for a short period of time (<=> water bomber plane but with sand)

great-leonopteryx-avatar-toruk-makto-4k-Air-Tractor_802F_social.jpghatzm.jpg.6720d9e5204f69465580069ebeb75a4a.jpg

Common Name : Hatzegopteryx

Name : Hatzegopteryx Thaambema

Diet : Carnivore

Temperament : Aggressive

Wild : Hatzegopteryx has claimed the tittle as Ark's "Titan of the sky" , it being the size of a Giganotosaurus . They live solitary lives and are very territorial , attacking any creature it sees .

Tamed : If you manage to tame one of these titans you're in luck , because you just befriended a "flying tank" . That can cause great damage and pick up creatures as large as an Amargosaurus . Note , if it senses that is in danger it will retaliate . If you manage to make a saddle for it , you managed to turn a flying tank into a bomber .

Tame : Feed it tamed creatures

Ridable : Without a saddle

Saddle : unlocked at level 95 , allows you to drop bombs bellow you

hatzegopteryx_nathan-e-rogers.jpeg

Wild: Soaring high in the sky, being kept aloft by powerful thermal updrafts, Hatzegopteryx venator draconum (or dragon hunter) has a very robust build for a flying animal. But when your favorite snack is wyvern hatchlings, you need to have the right tools for the job. Its tactic for obtaining these heavily guarded hatchlings is rather straightforward. Dive, if anything gets in your way send them crashing into the ground, snatch a baby wyvern, and fly off. Though it’s not always that easy, Hatzegopteryx sure makes it look that easy. 

With the ability to pin down even enraged mother wyverns beneath its muscular limbs, many tribes have tamed these beasts to help them get their own wyvern eggs. A natural resistance to the fire attacks of some wyverns and a man made resistance to the other two main wyvern variants gives Hatzegopteryx an obvious role in a nest raid, and it also gives it a important role in a battle against a tribe with wyverns.

Domesticated: The Hatzegopteryx’s preferred food of choice is a strange combination of sulfur, prime meat, and strangely enough, charcoal. This concoction is called “Spicy Prime”. Definitely not how I’d describe it but it certainly works in pacifying the mighty sky king. The act of feeding the Hatzegopteryx this food is the hard part of this process however. Waiting for it to land can take a very long time in and of itself, then clambering up its back and then having to hang on while it climbs high into the air column to only then be able to feed it can be very dangerous.

However once tamed a tribe has two saddle designs to choose from, one with a built in chemistry bench system that functions with sulfur instead of gasoline and electricity, and then a very defensive option designed for protecting both the rider and creature. This saddle variant has a multitude of metal plates covering the animal’s body, the “cabin” of the saddle is designed to filter air for the rider, protecting them from poison wyvern variants, and a insulated layer under that previously mentioned metal armor protects the creature itself against lightning wyvern variants.

This text was structured like a dossier and spelling corrections as well as grammar suggestions are always welcome.

I am open to ideas of adding more or removing abilities if it means it would make sense, and I would also very much appreciate a artistic interpretation of the information listed here, obviously if implemented buffs and (more likely) nerfs will be required as with any new creature. Feedback is very much appreciated.

I am aware that the Hatzegopteryx was in previous voting competitions but I feel that this rendition is more of giving it a niche in lore and gameplay instead of just adding another large combat flyer, though that’s exactly what this version is too at the end of the day.

Guess ill post my take on Hatze sense this is here.

Hatzegopteryx- The lord of the skies

QCbgqdAD_Co03vVTZxfTeqkymdx7jM-Yb0nKg_nK6sBV9_YM3YFWXG6M6odqu3xB8tFzMPTafz7l3ec7a1CIXkwzN7byS9wS3RhD8o5hehnmAbxO_3WwMceS-gK4ZkOy-mMQgbLPcfLPg4ezIEgJIQI

Hat-zee-gop-ter-ix or Hatze

TLDR

Apex Flyer, Aggressive in the wild, More damage to creatures & players that are flying, Bomber saddle for Blowing things up. (you really should read though, especially if you don't like it, then you can criticize it properly)

Wild

A prideful creature by nature, one does not simply fly right up to a Hatzegopteryx. They greatly value their personal space and if one sees you in its skies it will pursue you with extreme animosity.

General

Despite being slightly larger than a Quetzal they are far better at moving while grounded, being able to sprint and turn in place while landed. This leads them to actually be effective terrestrial hunters as long as their prey is much smaller than them (more dmg to smaller things). In flight the Hatze is faster than its smaller relative, but there are drawbacks to its Imposing size and attitude. Its bulk means its flight stamina, while impressive, doesn't compare to the Quetzals, also unlike Arks Quetz its stubborn attitude means that it will simply refuse to fly if weighed down too much (Less weight & stam than the Quetz).

Taming 

Jump onto it from high above and hold on tight, because you're about to be taken for the most deadly ride in Ark. If you fall you'll be dead before you hit the ground, but if you prove yourself worthy you'll have a mighty new ally.

Combat&Abilities

Hatzegopteryx didn't get the title Lord Of The Skies for nothing, no creature is more fearsome in close range, mid-air combat. They do significantly more damage trading blows with creatures that are in its domain (Flying). They also have a diving slam attack that can knock off riders and stun fliers out of flight, but only if they are below the Hatze as it needs great momentum to pull this feat off (You really, really don't want to hit the ground attempting this). Lastly, some crazy survivors designed a Bomber saddle for it to drop bombardments of grenades from up high. This is one creature you do not want above you.

Why You Should Vote

Arks skies are actually pretty safe (especially the island), this is not a good thing because for a survival game to safe = boring. Seriously do you ever feel like you have anything to pay attention to when riding on a wyvern? I don't, and I think that should change. Interestingly enough this also makes Hatze one of the few creatures that if added, will change the dynamic of the game before you ever even tame one.

Addressing Past Criticisms

Yes Hatzegopteryx in real life is a very similar creature to the Quetzal, however that doesn't mean that they have to look identical in game. WC has full creative liberties with their creature designs, and honestly the creatures we've gotten in the last few years have all looked amazing.

A Quetzal TLC, while nice, would not become the creature im asking for here, do you honestly believe that they would 180 a peaceful transport tame into the menace i'm asking for? They can't do that with platform creatures, they would be to OP. I feel a new creature without a platform saddle fills this role much better. 

Hatze was very likely the heaviest animal to ever fly, it's the perfect sky apex.

7rtXXrcGMuo7QvTvNlt645g4xJ3hE-i8bhRxp8hwSCF4luHA-qiJ0wqrkT9ezWi68Izg7jDdQhzZMH6uLvD42bpWPbQ3QPCUYnToo-b9qXIb-2xTomrW0A4z0H1uZPGFfjwTw7UXRizguNvHr0r7Y_s

I'll be honest; I was kinda crushed when the Hatzegopteryx lost, but I believe it can fit into scorched earth rather well. So, here's my attempt. 

WILD: In the wild, I believe the Hatzegopteryx would fit in well around the top of the rocky spires in the middle of the map. For the most part, they would stand atop their craggy domain, scanning like eagles for any carrion to make a meal out of. However, they would also fly great distances. Occasionally making their way to the dunes, where they would glide effortlessly over the scalding sand below. Most see this large pterosaur as neither food nor threat, but when provoked, these giants wouldn't back down, and would use their giant beaks to bludgeon and stab at adversary bold enough to pick a fight.

TAMING: The taming process for Hatzegopteryx is rather odd, but straightforward. Being a passive tame, but enjoying the rotten-egg smell of sulphur the most. With spoiled meat as a close second-favorite (50x per feeding for both). 

DOMESTICATED: Once tamed, the Hatzegopteryx is a hit-and-run kind of flyer. While it doesn't have the raw ferocity or literal firepower of the wyverns it shares the scorched skies with, but it does share some similarities with it's quetzal cousin; with it's agility being perfect for the standard 2-man flying harness, but also having the strength to bear an albeit smaller platform saddle than the quetzal, so to not hinder it's almost sauropod-like stature on the ground, nor it's agility in the air. Allowing it to take full advantage of it's long beak to perform a divebomb; swiftly skewering anything in it's way, or pounding the ground with it's immense body, stunning most creatures in it's radius, and flattening any small animals unfortunate enough to be caught directly below. download.jpeg.36758b918150594946145f1365424462.jpeg

Archived