Theosodon spituli, the nomadic spitter !

ladyteruki

Suggestion

Since the new creature submission is for Scorched Earth, I thought it'd be nice to have a creature that fits a niche no other creature is even touching at the moment.

The Theosodon spituli would be found in the mountains of the map, not in the heart of the desert, but would have its use pretty much anywhere there is little to no access to water.

Theosodon spituli - Dossier.png

[larger version of the dossier here]
(art not mine)

Its proposed abilities :
- a decent source of pelt, the nights in the desert can be cold.

- solid early game pack mule (around the same level as a Parasaur for the saddle)
- performant berry + seeds gatherer... when there aren't a lot of plants, get the best out of a harvest !
- if it spits on a flyer, this throws the rider off the saddle and stuns the flyer for 10 seconds (except for the Pelagornis, which as we all know doesn't dismount with water). On the other hand, the spit attack does little to no damage. This ability is geared towards PvP, where it sort of replaces using a bola on Pteras and such. But I'm no PvP player, so feel free to chime in !
- when set to turret mode, it will spit autonomously, which will water crops in range at the expense of its food levels. Make sure the Theosodon has a full trough nearby ! This makes the Theosodon a very useful creature for nomadic gameplay, since it replaces the installation of an actual irrigation system. Additionally, ride it to a river, lake or even water vein to gather large quantities of water in its inventory.

As someone who wishes Ark had more tames fit for a nomadic lifestyle, especially early on, the Theosodon increases gameplay options, without being too game-breaking.

3 replies to this server topic

Archived