Ideas to get rid of cheaters

DomBozo

Suggestion

Ark is an amazing game, with a HUGE player base, a lot of very loyal/hard working players who have sunk hours into this game, BUT with the upcoming updates us as a community would like to see something done about the cheaters in this game, with the changes like Transitioning to UE 5 whether that is a full revamp or just an update, I personally think this is a time of great opportunity for you to take action, with the upcoming I think alot of people would more confident in playing if they didn’t have the thought of running into a cheater with all the time they have just sunk into a hard grind, so please take a moment and read this suggestion from myself.

1). Add a server sided anti-cheat which communicates with the client sided one.

2). Add some convars for server owners to set for example: max speed cap for dinos(separated into groups for example: flyers, non-flyers and aquatic creatures), which if a player goes above said speed would trigger a flag on the anti-cheat.

3). Add an in-game report panel which anyone can use if they suspect use of any third party software or bug/exploit abuse, allow server owners to add a discord webhook for when someone gets reported which gives information like amount of times reported, reason etc..

4). Add a function so if server resources are high that the server prioritises a game save to prevent loss of data and possibly fix the problem with people duplicating items on server crashes

5). For a client side anti-cheat maybe consider parting with Battleye and looking into other alternatives, something that will a). Work client & server side, b). Constantly check for cheat triggers and applications injecting stuff into the games processes etc.

Battleye may do all of the above but as time has passed it appears to not be adequate when it comes to detecting cheat software, maybe look into hardware bans too instead of just handing out game bans, it would be a lot more serious and less forgiving to people who get banned for cheating, especially when they can go and buy an account account cheaper than the games retail price via a third party website and be back in the game in moments.

These are all just ideas but I would love to hear your opinion below.

LETS MAKE ARK GREAT AGAIN!!

• Thanks 1

3 replies to this server topic

2 hours ago, Mackiecool said:

Unfortunately people cheat and there will never be a way to completely stop it so we jus have to enjoy ark even though people cheat Donald Trump GIF by GIPHY News

i completely agree that there will never be a way to completely stop it, but there are definitely things that can be done to stop a majority of it, hence why i suggested this post.

• Like 1