Scout555

Suggestion

Youngest Sea Scorpion Fossil Found in Australia | Sci.News
(Obviously not my drawing)

Species: Woodwardopterus Sagittarius
Time: Early Carboniferous-Late Permian
Diet: Detritivore
Temperament: Defensive

Wild: Woodwardopterus Sagittarius are shy small amphibious eurypterids that feed on the underwater detritus on the bottom of the swamps. It is usually not a threat to anything and generally prefers flee rather than fight however if it feels completely cornered it will shoot a silk like substance from its telson (the bulby end part of it’s tail). If the attacker is small enough then there's a good chance it will be webbed while its meal scurries away into some dark hiding spot. 

Domesticated: Woodwardopterus proves to be a useful addition to any tribes’ collection of tames. Most tribes often have their small eurypterids passively create silk for them. However a few raiding tribes have trained the Woodwardopterus for a strange purpose on the battlefield, these tribes often make Woodwardopterus sit on some of their soldiers’ wrists to act as silk shooting gun! Who came up with this I honestly don’t know and I’d rather keep it that way but this tactic is surprisingly effective at immobilizing targets but not so good at directly killing them. From what I’ve heard there are two firing methods these people have trained their tames for, a shotgun like firing method and an assault rifle method. The shotgun method is better for close range and instantly webs targets while the rifle method has more range but takes time to fully entrap enemies.

Technical Stuff: Woodwardopterus spawns in swamp biomes and eats both meat and berries, in order to tame it you must feed it some honey like you would with a liopleurodon then capture it with a fish basket. It passively generates silk in it’s inventory. You pick up the thing like an dung beetle and it will appear resting on your wrist. While picked up by you the Woodwardopterus is capable of shooting silk which can immobilize targets similarly to getting webbed by an Araneo, there are two methods of firing, “shotgun” and “assault rifle”. Shotgun mode fires a point blank web which instantly webs (and deals zero damage to) targets while Assault Rifle mode is a bit more complex, it has a lot more range but doesn’t immediately web targets instead you have to continually shoot at targets to web them. Your creepy little friend doesn’t have an unlimited supply of silk and shoot things with it too much and you wont have anything webbed, it has a new silk stat which replaces it’s melee stat, levelling this stat up allows you to shoot with your Woodwardopterus longer, if you want to change your firing method just go to the selection wheel to change it. You can also put your tame into a turret mode. The Woodwardopterus also can only breed underwater and can only survive on land i
f its an adult. 

3 replies to this server topic

Archived