Dynamic Weather

neoblackheart

So won't lie I saw a youtube video with the island water raising constantly and it reminded me of the Beast of Bermuda Weather system.  That Idea snowballed in my head and now I can't help but think what it owuld be like if Ark 2 had a Dynamic Weather system like Beast of Bermuda where you could get lightning strikes, Tornados, Floods and possibly even wild fires that could burn down sections of forests.

yeah i was thinking about it. while it might sound annoying think about how fun it would be.

You just got done with a fun run around killing some stuff maybe gathering some stuff. All of a sudden the sky gets darker and rain starts to fall. Oh you are glad you put your base up the side of the hill and not on the floodplain below like your neighbor did. You look out and watch the ocean and rivers slowly rise and the floodplane that your neighbor set up on with their massive 800 meter base is now slowly filling with water. All of a sudden you hear what sounds like a train coming from behind you. Turning around you see a massive funnel cloud barreling down at your base. 'Oh poop' you think to yourself running out to grab your 3 tames and bring them into your stone base. You get them inside just in time as the tornado hits you hear beating and banging as you watch very small ticks of damage to your base. You know if the base had been wood it would have been a lot larger ticks of damage. 

After a minute or so you hear the tornado move off of your base and move on down into the valley. Rushing to your roof to survey the damage you can see a trail of missing trees through the forrest where the tornado moved through. Down below in the now half flooded Base of your neighbor the tornado just moved over their base. Their stone is just as strong as yours but you can see the new structure they were working on that they were designing in thatch get completely blown away. Their Bronto and Rexs are big enough that the tornado just slightly hurts them but you can see the little Raptor army they had been building up get flung through the air and slammed against the ground dying instantly. You can't help but laugh for while your playing PVE your neighbor has been annoying the hell outta you by stripping around your base of all resources constantly. As if to give your neighbor one final middle finger a bolt of lightning comes down and smacks their giant tower they build blowing a hole in the side.

Archived