Add modding options for all platforms

Vaporex

Suggestion

So as the title suggests, I think there needs to be an official way for console players to get mods. There's a game I used to play called Skyrim SE. In that game you could get mods on every platform that game was. Some mods would only work on certain platforms due to certain restrictions, but at least there were options for everybody. Originally mods were PC only, but then the developers of that game added official mod support for all platforms. They then slowly but surely starting porting mods that were originally PC only to other platforms. There was also the ability of modders to develop mods for other platforms from the start. Also if dev kit was available on all platforms that'd be epic. Imagine playing something like primal fear or having the latest mod map on console. Certain mods that are on the more chill side might make it to official while more extreme mods might be unnofficial. I don't how much of what I said is possible but still I'd definitely love to see modding options available on all ark's platforms.

4 replies to this server topic

On 12/19/2021 at 3:40 PM, MMaas said:

The idea itself is nice but then there is Sony... Only approved mods allowed. Sad story.

Ughhh I know 😓 those guys always make poop difficult, personally I see we go on strike from all Sony devices as a whole community, leave me broke in a corner to think about what they've done

8 hours ago, Vaporex said:

Ughhh I know 😓 those guys always make poop difficult, personally I see we go on strike from all Sony devices as a whole community, leave me broke in a corner to think about what they've done

Ehm... Nah.

Overall Sony got more things that I like than ARK. So they get out of jail free.

There are some mods I've looked into that I would certainly use on single player, and would hope to see on official. Such as the corpse finder mod, which makes your corpse light visible from anywhere on the map, and the list dino tracker, which makes it simple to find lost tames. And yes, I'm aware of the locater device in game, which works great, until the tracker inevitably glitches off, which is right about when you need it.

Archived