A genuine suggestion for the Ark devs and other employees

GordoGoH

Suggestion

Hello anyone who can be considered a part of the Wildcard crew, I have a suggestion and you have probably heard this one before but I just want to shed some light on it. 

Once you have finished with Ark 1, I recommend merchandising as it can bring a little extra income to Wildcard and also give the fans a little piece of joy. I'm sure Ark fans want official Ark merch and not some hot garbage from Redbubble. With Ark 1 development coming to a halt (not including the bug fixes and optimisation) I see room for an array of cool little pieces of Ark ranging from things like statues and figures, to props and clothing. Maybe you could sell model rights to companies such as Funko who could create pop vinyl figures of characters such as Helena or Rockwell, maybe big figs of certain dinosaurs. 

So I've hopefully grabbed your attention, here are a couple of things that you could turn into tangible products: 

- Figures/statues of classic people or dinosaurs from the Ark lore (T-rex, Helena, Raptor, Rockwell)

- A little egg set that has eggs from creatures such as; Magmasaur, Wyvern, Rockdrake. These can be put in nests and can open to have a baby animal inside

- Clothes that look like in game clothing (e.g. Cloth gear, hide gear, flak gear). Head pieces could also be included, one for each tier (these could be made out of various materials that don't take away from the feeling of ark by just making them all out of cloth, maybe some plastics could be used for more durable headgear). Ghillie armour could have strands of cloth coming off of it and having the balaclava type mouth and nose cover, while the cloth had could have a draw string to make it fit the right way.

- Book/s that could have detailed descriptions on all the dinosaurs including what foods/kibbles they like or the taming process they go through. Another book could be the official dossier book from a while back

- Like the clothing one, props could also have a home in the ark store. Foam Tools like a pickaxe or hatchet to foam or stuffed shoulder pets. this one's really for those who would go LARP'ing with their other nerd friends, maybe those who would like to pretend to hatchet away a sibling.

I am a very big fan of Ark, I've been keeping up with the lore, its development, and its events. Fans (like myself) would love things that symbolise a game that many have had since the start and the many that got dragged in along the way. 

Kind regards, Gordo

4 replies to this server topic

13 hours ago, vycariously said:

I was just looking for a thread like this, since I agree wholeheartedly!  Not sure why there isn't a store on the official website, but I'd love to see one.

My ideas for merch, though, are slightly different.  For instance, they've already come up with print designs for the summer shirts- why not make them for us to wear as well as our characters?  Pokemon Go does it.  How about selling that frisbee that's available in the Summer Bash items?  We've got stuff for all of the holidays that could be sold, as well as simple Ark t-shirts and hoodies.

Or, how about an image on a shirt of a male or female character's head with full default hair growth that says "Survivor Hair, I don't care"?  😄

I would appreciate it if you could share such an image.

On 7/5/2021 at 4:56 AM, vycariously said:

I was just looking for a thread like this, since I agree wholeheartedly!  Not sure why there isn't a store on the official website, but I'd love to see one.

My ideas for merch, though, are slightly different.  For instance, they've already come up with print designs for the summer shirts- why not make them for us to wear as well as our characters?  Pokemon Go does it.  How about selling that frisbee that's available in the Summer Bash items?  We've got stuff for all of the holidays that could be sold, as well as simple Ark t-shirts and hoodies.

Or, how about an image on a shirt of a male or female character's head with full default hair growth that says "Survivor Hair, I don't care"?  😄

Tell me if you know anything about  black og skeleton hoodie. I want to buy gift for my friend. 

Archived