I need to get good...

Nateraidz

33 minutes ago, Dreadcthulhu said:

In general traps make taming dinos much, much easier. So look up designs and start making those. One basic design I like to have right outside of my base is 3x3 stone foundations, a stone dino gate(leave unlocked if on public server), stone doorways three high around the rest of the foundations, and wood stairs/ramp leading into the trap. Simply poke whatever you want to tame and have it chase you up the ramp, and then run out the open doorways. This trap will hold a wide variety of creatures, even alpha raptors and carnos. You can also slap wooden spike walls around it and demolish the ramps when you are taming something, to keep random raptors from messing up your level 150 theri tame. 

I'm assuming the therizinosaur tame mention was from experience.

18 hours ago, Nateraidz said:

Thank you. I am now playing on the Center map. Do argentavis spawn in the Center map?

We tried to play on the center, but the tethering is so violent, I can't even get a drink of water without being ripped back to the host......But yes, try looking up north towards the volcano. There is a burnt {scorched? ashed??} island, the redwoods, and mountains where the argies spawn in......Id suggest using a trap to help protect your taming progress.
If you seen my video of a rock solid argy trap, you can make one with a single stone foundation, 9 stone ceilings, 9 stone doorways, and a single stone gateway/reinforced door. You can also add 12 stone railings to help keep predator's out, but you might opt out if you wish.

Archived