SharedPointer.h line:658

DrDefenestrator

This is JOKE. They closed my ticket once I told them they havent read my ticket because i play EPIC and they send me STEAM fix guide. So they send me this

''Hello Survivor,

We appreciated that you contacted us and hope that your issue is resolved. As we have not heard from you in a while after we sent the last correspondence, we will be auto closing this ticket. If you still need assistance, please feel free to contact us again and we will do our best to assist you further. Take care and have a great day!''

Wasted money wasted time nerves and stress

This company is a group of incompetent people who dont even read tickets and dont give damn about player problems

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im sorry for double posting but im desperate. Is there really nobody who can read this error crash numbers and tell exactly what cause problem? Im waitinf for update when event ends and I hope this will delete problem just like last event. But winter event is coming as well so propably Ill get crashes again 😂

• 5 months later...

TL;DR This occurred to me in single player mode when my Internet connection was disconnected.

I'm so glad I found this thread after receiving this error last night while I was playing Genesis Pt. 2 in single player mode. For me, I know certainly this occurred, because I had lost my Internet connection. My IC was down for quite a few hours and no matter how many times I tried to play, the game gave me this crash. I woke up this morning with my IC restored and the crash had disappeared.

I wish this didn't occur. I feel like if you're playing single player, you should be able to play offline. Maybe being online while playing single player is a requirement I was unaware of. However, since the game wouldn't let me play, I went and played another game (in offline mode on Steam). 

I am using some mods, so maybe that's the case as well. I'd have to do some more testing to find out whether or not that's related or if I need to verify the integrity of my file cache. I don't believe I need to do the latter, since the crash disappeared once my IC was restored.

*Edit* Oh, I just found this on Steam and thought it was helpful, so I thought I'd share it here. Someone said:

Found this post by Equillian in another thread:

JSON Error: Here's the scoop
Ark just released this tweet: https://twitter.com/survivetheark/status/1323333433347563520

What's happening?
At launch, the ark game client runs out to the internet to get information from Ark's main servers (not the same as the server you play on). Those servers are protected by Cloudflare. Cloudflare is down right now (either a problem with their datacenter, or an attack on them). Your client (game) can't get the info, and errors with the JSON error we're all getting.

What is Cloudflare?
Cloudflare is a service companies pay for to protect their servers from attacks. (kinda ironic, eh?)

What can I do about it?
Nothing.

What can Wildcard do about it?
Nothing.

When will it be up?
Keep an eye on cloudflare's twitter, and keep checking to see if your game launches.
https://twitter.com/cloudflarehelp?lang=en

My error log:

Assertion failed: IsValid() [File:F:\build\GEN2DLC\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Templates\SharedPointer.h] [Line: 658] 

VERSION: 329.5 
KERNELBASE.dll!UnknownFunction (0x00007ff998234b89) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]
ShooterGame.exe!FOutputDevice::Logf__VA() (0x00007ff639d3e798) + 159 bytes [f:\build\gen2dlc\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\outputdevice.cpp:145]
ShooterGame.exe!FDebug::AssertFailed() (0x00007ff639d2b2f8) + 117 bytes [f:\build\gen2dlc\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\outputdevice.cpp:220]
ShooterGame.exe!<lambda_d7de6281e5d0f1c7ca43f5ae1208e37c>::operator()() (0x00007ff638aaf9a5) + 319 bytes [f:\build\gen2dlc\projects\shootergame\source\shootergame\private\shootergameinstance.cpp:1544]
ShooterGame.exe!TBaseFunctorDelegateInstance_ThreeParams<<lambda_d7de6281e5d0f1c7ca43f5ae1208e37c>,void,TSharedPtr<IHttpRequest,0>,TSharedPtr<IHttpResponse,1>,bool>::Execute() (0x00007ff638ab9235) + 237 bytes [f:\build\gen2dlc\engine\source\runtime\core\public\delegates\delegateinstancesimpl.inl:850]
ShooterGame.exe!TBaseRawMethodDelegateInstance_ThreeParams<FAmazonS3MultipartUpload,void,TSharedPtr<IHttpRequest,0>,TSharedPtr<IHttpResponse,1>,bool>::ExecuteIfSafe() (0x00007ff637e1df7a) + 0 bytes [f:\build\gen2dlc\engine\source\runtime\core\public\delegates\delegateinstancesimpl.inl:375]
ShooterGame.exe!TBaseDelegate_ThreeParams<void,TSharedPtr<IHttpRequest,0>,TSharedPtr<IHttpResponse,1>,bool>::ExecuteIfBound() (0x00007ff63a2fbb93) + 72 bytes [f:\build\gen2dlc\engine\source\runtime\core\public\delegates\delegatesignatureimpl.inl:1126]
ShooterGame.exe!FHttpRequestWinInet::FinishedRequest() (0x00007ff63a2fc3c3) + 56 bytes [f:\build\gen2dlc\engine\source\runtime\online\http\private\windows\httpwininet.cpp:666]
ShooterGame.exe!FHttpRequestWinInet::Tick() (0x00007ff63a304a82) + 0 bytes [f:\build\gen2dlc\engine\source\runtime\online\http\private\windows\httpwininet.cpp:783]
ShooterGame.exe!FHttpManager::Tick() (0x00007ff63a304751) + 0 bytes [f:\build\gen2dlc\engine\source\runtime\online\http\private\httpmodule.cpp:153]
ShooterGame.exe!FTicker::Tick() (0x00007ff637e039ba) + 30 bytes [f:\build\gen2dlc\engine\source\runtime\core\public\containers\ticker.h:78]
ShooterGame.exe!FEngineLoop::Tick() (0x00007ff637e0364b) + 0 bytes [f:\build\gen2dlc\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:2534]
ShooterGame.exe!GuardedMain() (0x00007ff637dfe4dc) + 0 bytes [f:\build\gen2dlc\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:140]
ShooterGame.exe!GuardedMainWrapper() (0x00007ff637dfe52a) + 5 bytes [f:\build\gen2dlc\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:125]
ShooterGame.exe!WinMain() (0x00007ff637e03dcc) + 17 bytes [f:\build\gen2dlc\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:213]
ShooterGame.exe!__tmainCRTStartup() (0x00007ff63b53129d) + 21 bytes [f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe.c:618]
KERNEL32.DLL!UnknownFunction (0x00007ff999007034) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]
ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction (0x00007ff99a882651) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]
ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction (0x00007ff99a882651) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]

44 minutes ago, LimezSourz said:

Oh yea I just got this problem again, I just keep revisiting this thread. I have been observing the whole day today, same symptoms, crash timer and crash code. I'm so tired of this because there is no valid fix to this...  ==

How's your Internet connection? Maybe a firewall is blocking the game. I'm not sure, but from my experience it certainly seems to be related to whether or not I'm connected to the Internet (despite the fact that I've been playing in single player mode).

My Internet is not the best, but it usually doesn't have any issues. This problem has arisen back in the past for me after major updates, and usually lingers around until another potential update. I had to deal with 30+ min session crashes during a recent event. The features will usually stay the same throughout the whole period such as the time span before crashing. It crashes regardless of game mode, even when idle on the main menu for the entire span. 

I don't know if this will help, but I copied that first line in my specific error log into a Google search as seen here:

Assertion failed: IsValid() [File:F:\build\GEN2DLC\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Templates\SharedPointer.h] [Line: 658]

What I found doesn't contain the same file path I had ("F:\build\GEN2DLC\"), but some other variation. Still, the rest of it is probably what's most important. So even though others may have a different beginning to the path, everything else is the same and I'm sure it's all pretty much the same issue.

One of the links I briefly, but not completely, looked at was on a Steam forum post, which you can find here:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/3001046778359395877/

Perhaps other links in the Google search would be helpful. If you'd rather just follow the URL of the search I did, you could click on this link or copy this it into your web browser (or just copy the first line of your error into a Google search as I did):

https://www.google.com/search?q=Assertion+failed%3A+IsValid()+[File%3AF%3A\build\GEN2DLC\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Templates\SharedPointer.h]+[Line%3A+658]&rlz=1C1CHBD_enUS933US934&oq=Assertion+failed%3A+IsValid()+[File%3AF%3A\build\GEN2DLC\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Templates\SharedPointer.h]+[Line%3A+658]&aqs=chrome.0.69i59.449j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

I understand bugs and crashes are quite frustrating, especially when you or multiple people report them and they seem to persist (as in not getting resolved). I can think of at least one bug I've reported in the base game and all DLC, except for Scorched Earth, that hasn't been fixed yet. This is the first I've had in Gen2 and I was expecting to find at least one persisting bug. I just decided to post my log here, since I noticed others were having the issue. But, as I said, this issue disappeared for me as soon as my Internet connection was restored.

Anyway, I hope you find a solution to the problem and are able to play without this issue.

1 hour ago, LimezSourz said:

Is anyone still getting this crash code at the start of the dlc release? Still trying to find solutions. 

Not me. As I said, it only occurred to me when my Internet connection was disconnected. It got resolved by my Internet connection being reconnected.

Are you using any mods? I am, I don't know if it's related, but I know that one of the first things tech support always asks regarding games that support mods is if you're using any and then suggests trying without them.

1 hour ago, LimezSourz said:

Nope I don't run any mods at all, I only modified my game ini and set launch options. 

Ok, I'm running mods with unique launch options, too. I created a shortcut that I use to launch the game, it includes the following:

C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /c start "ShooterGame.exe" /high "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64\ShooterGame.exe" -nomemorybias -ForceAllowCaveFlyers -preventhibernation -useallavailablecores -nohithread

My next question for you is if you're playing on a server that requires BattleEye or one that doesn't or in single player mode. I'm using the non-BattleEye exe to play, because I've been playing in single player mode. My follow up question is similar to what I've mentioned before. Do you have a firewall and/or antivirus software? If so, have you added an exception within them for the "ShooterGame" exe file(s) you're using?

5 hours ago, GregoPeck said:

Ok, I'm running mods with unique launch options, too. I created a shortcut that I use to launch the game, it includes the following:

C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /c start "ShooterGame.exe" /high "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64\ShooterGame.exe" -nomemorybias -ForceAllowCaveFlyers -preventhibernation -useallavailablecores -nohithread

My next question for you is if you're playing on a server that requires BattleEye or one that doesn't or in single player mode. I'm using the non-BattleEye exe to play, because I've been playing in single player mode. My follow up question is similar to what I've mentioned before. Do you have a firewall and/or antivirus software? If so, have you added an exception within them for the "ShooterGame" exe file(s) you're using?

I do have an antivirus software, Avira. I'm not sure about my firewall settings but I'll check it out. That's something I have not tried. Just gotta try it all. 

4 minutes ago, LimezSourz said:

I do have an antivirus software, Avira. I'm not sure about my firewall settings but I'll check it out. That's something I have not tried. Just gotta try it all. 

I use Avast and have Windows 10. I have an exception in Avast with the Steam library in it, hoping it'll cover everything in it, but I don't have one specifically for Ark. As for Windows 10, the Windows Defender Firewall, I see exceptions for Ark. However, I have not changed these settings in a long time, so I still got my crash even though I had these settings.

The latest patch said they fixed some crashes, maybe they fixed this one, I'm not sure.

Sadly I don't have those settings available on my antivirus, so I just disabled its firewall. My computer firewall which can be viewed through my control panel has been disabled a long time ago, so I doubt that it plays any part in this. I saw the patch too, now I just have to run the game for 2 hrs to see if anything changed. 

13 minutes ago, LimezSourz said:

Sadly I don't have those settings available on my antivirus, so I just disabled its firewall. My computer firewall which can be viewed through my control panel has been disabled a long time ago, so I doubt that it plays any part in this. I saw the patch too, now I just have to run the game for 2 hrs to see if anything changed. 

Ah. Yeah, I guess you could try with your firewall off and see if it occurs. If it doesn't then you could try to re-enable your firewall and test it again. If it still works, it might have been fixed. If it doesn't work with either option, then I'd say your firewall is not part of the problem.

Is your Internet connection constantly stable, or do you sometimes or frequently get disconnected? Are you using wifi? Also, if the issue happens again, see if you're still connected to the Internet.

Good luck!!

5 hours ago, GregoPeck said:

Ah. Yeah, I guess you could try with your firewall off and see if it occurs. If it doesn't then you could try to re-enable your firewall and test it again. If it still works, it might have been fixed. If it doesn't work with either option, then I'd say your firewall is not part of the problem.

Is your Internet connection constantly stable, or do you sometimes or frequently get disconnected? Are you using wifi? Also, if the issue happens again, see if you're still connected to the Internet.

Good luck!!

Sadly all possible solutions above have failed... I'm gonna try clearing my local save files after I finish fleshing out the new content on singleplayer for my tribe... 

8 hours ago, LimezSourz said:

Sadly all possible solutions above have failed... I'm gonna try clearing my local save files after I finish fleshing out the new content on singleplayer for my tribe... 

That Steam forum post mentioned it being a JSON file, so is your Java up to date? I don't recall Ark having anything to to with Java, but I remember JSON files associated with Minecraft, which is run on Java.

Archived