ARK 313.11 Client/Server Desync

LordMightyMax

ARK 313.11 Client/Server Desync

Wow, this has got to be the worst run of ARK "patches" from WC. I am now intermittently experiencing a client/server desynchronization bug on official ORP servers where the client thinks I am in once place but the server thinks I am somewhere else. The horrible part is that the server still receives movement instructions from my client.

I just now had an instance where I was walking around in one of my buildings when I started taking damage. I then noticed that I could no longer interact with any of the objects in the building or open the door to leave. I logged out, logged back in, and then found myself at the bottom of a cliff that was next to that building. Before I logged out, I could still see that my client was able to ping the server (number was fluctuating) and I could still send/receive chat messages.

I thought this had happened to me a couple of other times over the last day or so but the difference in location was more subtle after logging back in. This was pretty dramatic and could have gotten me killed.

I was considering running artifacts later today. I have since had a change of heart...

Archived