Better engram

cinak

Suggestion

2 replies to this server topic

I go back and forth with this idea. I get what you are a saying - I really do. I just don't know if selective memory wipes are the way to go. 

My gut tells me it is the engram menu itself that should be simplified to make the process easier. Possibly by grouping together some of the engrams that make sense to do so. 

Such as;

• Thatch Building
  • Wood Building
  • Adobe Building
  • Greenhouse Building
  • Stone Building
  • Metal Building
  • Tek Building
  • Cloth Clothing
  • Hide Clothing
  • Flak Clothing
  • Riot Clothing
  • Chitin Clothing
  • Ghillie Clothing
  • Fur Clothing
  • Hazard Clothing 
  • Scuba Suit
  • Desert Cloth Clothing
  • Stone Piping
  • Metal Piping

By grouping together the items above you would be able to learn the entire group with one click rather than having to do so individually. And if you wished to do so individually, all you would need to do is to select an option to expand the grouped engram. 

It isn't the perfect solution, but it would clean up the engram menu a bit to make it easier to re-learn the items that you wish. 

On 7/7/2020 at 9:50 AM, SapphireSam7 said:

I go back and forth with this idea. I get what you are a saying - I really do. I just don't know if selective memory wipes are the way to go. 

My gut tells me it is the engram menu itself that should be simplified to make the process easier. Possibly by grouping together some of the engrams that make sense to do so. 

Such as;

• Thatch Building
  • Wood Building
  • Adobe Building
  • Greenhouse Building
  • Stone Building
  • Metal Building
  • Tek Building
  • Cloth Clothing
  • Hide Clothing
  • Flak Clothing
  • Riot Clothing
  • Chitin Clothing
  • Ghillie Clothing
  • Fur Clothing
  • Hazard Clothing 
  • Scuba Suit
  • Desert Cloth Clothing
  • Stone Piping
  • Metal Piping

By grouping together the items above you would be able to learn the entire group with one click rather than having to do so individually. And if you wished to do so individually, all you would need to do is to select an option to expand the grouped engram. 

It isn't the perfect solution, but it would clean up the engram menu a bit to make it easier to re-learn the items that you wish. 

That would make it much more simple and clear and would help a lot.

Archived