Make Tek ATVs good

DodoRaptor

Suggestion

Make Tek ATVs good

So right now the tek ATV is an incredibly buggy piece of garbage that has lots of potential. Here are my arguments for why and how it needs to be fixed.

Why: It is unlocked via alpha ascension, meaning just unlocking it is hard (impossible on official servers). For tek tier it isn't outrageously expensive materials wise, but expensive enough to be more trouble then it's worth, especially since it can even crash games with thee many bugs. Insult is added to injury by the fact that the wheels don't spin and it can somehow be cryofrozen.

How: Fix the bugs mostly, and bring it to official, but also make the wheels spin properly. It could also stand to have some kind of laser gun on the front (think tek saddle), be able to drive up walls, short teleporting bursts (like an enforcer), make it consume element like food rather than fuel (like a mek), honestly there's so, so much. 

1 reply to this server topic

I disagree. I feel as though the Tek ATV will never be as good as a dino. It's weak, it gets caught in terrain, it'll be awful to drive in rocky or bumpy areas, etc. It's easy to get stuck anywhere and at the tier in which you can even get the engram, the ATV is entirely obsolete and pointless in a PVE situation because you've already beaten the game. You might be able to get some use out of it in Extinction where you get element early, but it will become out of use quickly. In a PVP situation you'd have a tough time reaching a base that's not on the ground, it'd be vulnerable against fliers/projectiles, meks would destroy it, expensive and not worth it, etc.

Overall, if they made the tek ATV a transformer then it'd be pretty good.

Archived