Element Vein Collapsing

Monde

Element Vein Collapsing

Not sure what I am doing wrong. I have had 2 veins collapse on me while doing them. I know for a fact that they weren't destroyed by the Dino's. Both times I was charging around looking for the last "missing" 3 or 4 Hostiles. I am not sure if they collapse if you get too far away, they were still in render range, or if I needed to claim them :(

Not sure what Claim does tbh.

@MondeThe dinos normally despawn on their own after some time. The vein and drop despawn was also introduced some patches ago, probably because no new ones would spawn if the old ones weren't gone. Now they instantly vanish if you leave render range even if you claim it. This has it's good and bad sides but most people just despawn everything under 50k veins and red drops to get new drops/venins appearing. You can do this the other way around as well and just despawn the high ones and only do 10k and blue/yellow drops.

You will just learn over time which locations are good for veins and which are bothersome because dinos get stuck all the time. Just try doing 25k veins, you can easily do them with a mana, rex, weak giga or other dinos. 50k can be done with an OK giga, 2-4 bred rex or some players on manas. They nerfed the levels on veins some months ago so you will face pretty low lvls even on 50k.It's just the first wave that still has some lvl 170+ dinos afterwards the lvl drops to 100-120 or so.

The remaining dinos, like I said mostly despawn after a while on their own but some spots are really horrible because the despawn is often very bad. Trial and error is the only way to find out ^^

22 minutes ago, Fukushu said:

Just try doing 25k veins, you can easily do them with a mana, rex, weak giga or other dinos. 50k can be done with an OK giga, 2-4 bred rex or some players on manas. 

Do they not damage the Veins?

I been running 4 Velons, and 2 Thylos on the 25k's but the Paracers are a pain for me. They the ones that cause issues for me but the 10k ones are way too easy and I get bored waiting for the missing ones.

@MondeIf you are playing singeplayer you could tame some tek rexes or rexes or try taming some gigas, even a lower level giga is good for veins because of the big AOE bite attack. The Giga also has armor penetration that most dinos lack. 

They do damage the veins but on x2 farming you get 200-300 element from a 25k vein if you use a 298% pickaxe with a mantis and you get around 500-700+ from a 50k and normally the 50k is faster done because the big dinos don't get stuck everywhere.

You get the same amount of element even if the vein is damaged. You just get nothing if they get destroyed but the outer smaller veins around the big one just give a small amount of the whole element. I forgot the total amount but I think the middle one gives 75% while all the outer give 25% together.

Getting some gigas and good rexes will also prepare you for red and maybe purple in the future :)

Archived