Ocean DLC map

Dinobros2000

Ocean DLC map

Hello I was looking to create an ocean dlc map and was wondering if you guys and gals could give me some ideas and suggestions for new content and the map! Thanks, also I only plan to introduce like 7 new creatures not including bosses, really the sea just needs some rebalancing and TLC of creatures and spawns and new Items and stuff, thanks in advance!

We had a thread on this exact topic over a year ago. Unfortunately, our original thread was deleted, but much of our ideas were summarized quite well on this thread here: 

Our ideas never went anywhere, partially because we got carried away and what started as a small project quickly turned into a large and ambitious one. I’m excited to see the idea picking up steam again and I can help you with more ideas if you need it, but that thread should have more than enough to get started. 

Was planning on having a kraken for the boss and another would maybe be a giant eel or something, also wanted to make it part of the story kind of! Also was planning on:

swordfish

seaweed

blubber

shelL

coral

driftwood

like a pontoon foundation, can be a bridge or a raft! 
triangle pontoon foundation

coral building tier

giant seahorse

maybe leviathans is a good idea because S.E., Abb, and Exitinction, had the “hard tames” wyvern, rockdrake, and titans, and island had titanasuar! And about all of gennissis creatures are like that...

maybe adding a skiff or canoe and stuff, and a large raft and a boat motor which you could attach to pontoon, and an oar.

baitfish-give baitfish to fish with and tame things and eat!

and more!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry it took me so long to respond; haven’t checked the forum for a while. Most of my ideas were on the thread I sent you, but another idea we were tossing around was the idea of “drowned” creatures (you could call them something else if you wanted to), which would just be underwater variants of normal land creatures and would be much easier to implement. Another idea I had much more recently is an idea for the map. The idea is to have something similar to the castle on Ragnarok, this could be an actual castle, an underwater temple, or even a sunken ship (though you might want to save that for another part of the map) which would be guarded by two or three alpha mosasaurs instead of a bunch of little bugs. Could be used as a pretty nice base location. Sorry again that I completely forgot about this thread. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived