Question About Air Conditioner on Platform Saddle

oflow

So I do a lot of gathering/hauling with platform  paracers and brontos.  Also some  long tames since I dont have an egg farm.

I was wondering how many AC units I would need to protect me from the ice cube/extreme heat debuffs if I put it on the saddle next to the driver seat?

Anyone with experience with this?

7 hours ago, oflow said:

So I do a lot of gathering/hauling with platform  paracers and brontos.  Also some  long tames since I dont have an egg farm.

I was wondering how many AC units I would need to protect me from the ice cube/extreme heat debuffs if I put it on the saddle next to the driver seat?

Anyone with experience with this?

It really does depend on where you are travelling/gathering. Extreme heat/cold is only a threshold. For example, without wearing fur armor in 2 degrees, the extreme cold can come up. You'd probably only need one air conditioner, maybe two, to eliminate this debuff. However ’ice cube’ also covers far lower temperatures, for example -60 in murder murder snow, and you'd need a lot of air conditioners to combat that. The same goes for extreme heat. So, check the temperatures where you are planning to go, and then we might be able to answer that more accurately.

You could also look at taming a high level otter or dimetrodon, since they provide decent insulation, and if melee is levelled up they can provide far better insulation than a single air conditioner, and can be taken around with you should you get off your mount to tame, for example.

I hope this helps you to understand it a little more. You could also check out gamepedia on the temperature or air conditioner pages if you want to know more.

Archived