PC | Singleplayer Specific Bugs

TheEclipseee

PC - Singleplayer – Hibernation Disabled – Modded, BUT all of these bugs have been tested and occur in unmodded environments as well. I have also verified files several times since first encountering all of these bugs, and they persist.

**DISCLAIMER: I do not play on servers, so my knowledge that these bugs do not occur on servers comes mainly from talking to people who do.**

This post comes mainly from a solo player’s frustration at how SP can be so neglected. While I understand that bugs will always slip through, and it can be hard to catch bugs that require specific replication, but some of these bugs are so prevalent they’re impossible to miss with any playtime at all. How hard it is to miss some of these bugs makes me seriously wonder is Singleplayer was ever playtested at all, and the subsequent lack of acknowledgement is incredibly disheartening. 

Also note that this does not include bugs that I believe are SP only, but cannot verify as such with certainty. 

GENESIS:

All water spawns except Ocean completely broken. Gamebreaking. Nothing spawns in them. This is most evident in the bog, but also stretches to Lunar and the snow.

Workaround: INI spawns.

Lunar Element fog AoE damages. Gamebreaking. The fog does the intended 200 damage to players and tames whenever you’re standing inside it, however, whenever a creature, wild or tamed, walks into it, everything on the island is inflicted with a 10 DPS damage (white damage numbers to yourself and tames). It refills all stats and charges Tek, and instantly drains torpor- Thus waking up any dino you have just knocked out. This is incredibly frustrating- having an hour of work KOing a half dozen 160+ Tek Rexes just erased because a singular Seeker spawned on the other side of the island and flew a little too close to the green fog.

Workaround: None known

ABERRATION:

Wild rock drakes spin madly. Movement is broken.

Workaround: None known, but not gamebreaking.

Reaper Impregnation camera flashing. The impregnation animation, after you get stabbed, makes the camera flash everywhere until you’re released.

Workaround: None known. Very disorienting, but not game breaking.

GENERAL:

Dinos barely respawn [hibernation only]. Gamebreaking. Spawns stagnate, and I don’t mean ‘big spawns are occupied by smaller creatures’. I mean ANY dinos barley spawn back on their own without a dinowipe.

Workaround: Dinowiping (temporary fix, must be done regularly). Disabling hibernation (has its own issues, mainly in performance)

Resource nodes don’t respawn. Gamebreaking. I have read this was a ‘feature’ intended to stop people abusing the fact that resource nodes would respawn instantly if you exit and re-loaded. Now, instead of spawning back instantly (which you could have done just by setting the resource timer low), if you exit before a resource has respawned, it will never spawn back.

Workaround: Only for prevention- turning resource timers low and being careful about when you quit. Taints gameplay. No known fix for resources that are already gone.

Archived