How I should explore ARK caverns.

Almultimavenger

How I should explore ARK caverns.

I play single player ARK mobile but I've always been too cowardly to explore the merciless caves. Have and nearly lost some of my tames to the animals that live in them. As if now, the cave compatible tames I have include 2 Beelzebufo(level 17 and 16), 2 Pachys(levels 21 and 55),  Castoroides(level 23), Moschops(level 43), 2 Kaprosuchus(levels 35 and 19),  5 Dilophosaurus(levels 21, 20, 34, 23, 24,),  a Megaloceras(level 18), a Parasaurolophus(level 15), 2 Iguanadons(21 and 37), 2 Dimorphodons(43 and 32), 2 Phiomias(20 and 19) a Deodocuris(20), Pulmanoscorpius(21) and most recently a Carnotaurus(level 6). 

I don't know if these animals fit into caves but I also  have a Sarcosuchus(22), I believe 6 Carbonemys(31, 25, 17, 44, 18, 18), Pteranodon(11), and an Ankylosaurus(47)(I used the latter to battle a Yeti in the snow cave but couldn't get him past the exit of the first room). I also have an Ichthyosaurus but no intentions to explore underwater caves with the level I'm at(57) plus I don't have equipment.

I would like to know which caverns I would be fit to explore with these animals, and I plan to take everyone who fits when I go through. If anyone can share what kind of threats, like predators or natural conditions I should look out for and if I can build defensive structures in the caves, I would be most thankful.

1 hour ago, dragondreamweaver said:

best bet is to tame a baryonyx.. they fit in most of the caves and do very well in them. High enough level and you won't need any back up, especially in the first easier caves. If you look on the ark wiki it will let you know what dinos fit in the each cave. 

I tried to tame a Baryonyx. It was incredibly difficult because of how fast it moved and the bola didn't hold it long enough. I ended up killing the ones I tried to tame in self defence so I saw a Carnotaurus and tranqed it for cave use. I actually just cleared the Central Cave with my Doedicurus today and got out with my life, barely. The Arthropleura were merciless.

Megatherium man.

They are tanks, super tanks, can not be stopped. Tame a wild one, get like 5k HP and dump the rest into melee, kill a bug and wreck everything in the cave.

However snow cave it's recommended you use a high level rex.

The two water caves you can do with a bowl of lazarus chowder and a high movement speed build and full ghillie armor (and scuba flippers, no need for a tank). Just stay away from any of the dinos in the water as best you can and don't bring your best ghillie armor just in case. Cactus broth if you can get it is a plus as well.

On 2/14/2020 at 12:32 AM, Zen00 said:

Megatherium man.

They are tanks, super tanks, can not be stopped. Tame a wild one, get like 5k HP and dump the rest into melee, kill a bug and wreck everything in the cave.

However snow cave it's recommended you use a high level rex.

The two water caves you can do with a bowl of lazarus chowder and a high movement speed build and full ghillie armor (and scuba flippers, no need for a tank). Just stay away from any of the dinos in the water as best you can and don't bring your best ghillie armor just in case. Cactus broth if you can get it is a plus as well.

I tried to take my Ankylosaurus into the snow cave and he got trapped in an invisible wall. The Tyrannosaurus won't fit.

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Snow_Cave

Snow cave is this one. You can cryopod a rex and throw it in after crouching and walking under the ledge at the entrance. You'll need 2 rexs, because you have to run through part of the cave on foot to reach a point where you can unpod a second  rex. I suggest you use grapple hooks to not get mauled by all the mobs, or rare flowers to aggro and run back to your rex to kill any mobs you can. Purlovia are your worst enemies though as they don't unaggro and are extremely dangerous. A good well bred allosaur might also do the cave well.

Archived