Single to multiplayer

Twiisted

Single to multiplayer

So I'm kind of new to the game and have been playing for about less than a week and have done quite a bit in solo to the point where I don't want to lose it. Now my question is.. 

Can i switch to a multiplayer server and play fresh on the map but if I want to go solo will my stuff still be there or will I lose all I have worked for and need to start again. 

54 minutes ago, Twiisted said:

Single to multiplayer

So I'm kind of new to the game and have been playing for about less than a week and have done quite a bit in solo to the point where I don't want to lose it. Now my question is.. 

Can i switch to a multiplayer server and play fresh on the map but if I want to go solo will my stuff still be there or will I lose all I have worked for and need to start again. 

You can play fresh on a multiplayer server and your single player progress will be intact as it pauses when you leave playing and you can continue playing later from where you left however if you want to keep a backup of your current single player progress you can keep a local backup there're 3 slots for keeping local backup or you can cloud save your single player data to either to iCloud if you're on iOS or to Google play account if you're on Android to recover it later that way you won't have to worry about losing your single player progress even if you change/switch your device or factory reset it. To keep a local backup or cloud save your single player progress, while in single player game open player's inventory and then go to setting (4th gear icon on top left hand side) then under "Extras" in left hand side you'll have "Manual Save" and "Tidy Save"(tidy save removes extra game data like wild dino locations to reduce save size for cloud backup)  options you can click on either one of those then it'll give you prompt "Save Complete" then leave Ark which will take you to main launch screen and then click on "Play Ark" » "Manage Save Data" then save your current save to one of the 3 slots for local backup or iCloud Data/Cloud Data slot for cloud backup.

To keep it simple and so you don't have to read a whole mass of text with not even a single paragraph; playing on a multiplayer server will not affect your progress on your solo at all. They are 2 completely separate servers and game modes. So no need to worry! ??

You can return at any time you want to your solo and it all will be there just as you left it!

Archived