Pillaring has killed Ark

AppIeJaxx

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some people are just pathetic when they play thinking they own the land. It's a game. I left offical servers a long time back, even Atlas is the same. 

Just a bunch of low lifes if you ask me. But the good news is modded servers are way way better. Community is way better. Dont see the slum of Ark when running around either. 

Stay away from those types as they usually bring you down in life. So many good communities out there that have discord.  Join one of those and let the slums live in pillared lands while we got beautiful unpillared beaches.

Your Ark experience will be enjoyable if you do so.  And modded servers, we have way cooler stuff. So again, leave the peasents live in the slums and fight for rats while they fill their ugly storage boxes and come have some steak.

I've seen people make a base on the best resources on the island and even around the obelisks blocking anyone who wants out. Then they pillar their surroundings. It's upsetting but other than that, I loved getting on the servers and meeting other people. I play Single Player now because I got tired of logging in to the server to feed my dying dinos.

There are hundreds of servers to try.

yes pillaring has killed ark. pve is just for other people (the people who started playing 5 years ago) that have put metal trash where you want to tame your first dodo.

i play pvp or solo.

i am on a valguero official server, the view from my base is about 200 metal foundations with ladders and if i fly over a mountain on my horizon there is about 200 more metal foundations with ladders.

i looked my server up online, there is about 15 people with same name and Korean steam profiles. before genesis anyway. i'm not one to judge but one guy had been playing ark like it was a full time job, all pvp playing across different maps.

tame a dino that destroys pillars. or make c4.

On 10/15/2019 at 9:46 AM, AppIeJaxx said:

Pillaring has killed Ark

I left Ark right after Extinction released. All my friends quit and moved on to other games. I just recently attempted to get back into Ark and the current status of Ark is sad. All Official PVE Servers are pillared to the extreme. All rivers and beaches, all ruins, and all good spots "near" resources all claimed by pillars. I joined empty PVE servers there were pillared like crazy. 

If I were a new player., wanting to try out Ark (this is basically the only way they will ever make more money), I would give up. This is unbelievable. Also noticing that people are closing in Obelisks now. 

They need admins on official servers and need to make rules regarding land claiming. This is ridiculous. The moment a similar survival game releases will be the nail in the coffin.

I really agree, they need to make pillaring non-existent. It should be 7 base building items connected to each other (smallest possible base), any less and it disappears in 12hrs. Adding the rule that you can't spam small (under 20ish items) structures right next to each other for the purposes of "saving land". People literally own 70% of a server and don't use it. I'd rather deal with lag and more people playing on servers then pillaring. 

Pillaring is very frustrating when new people want to play. However, people should not be able to build right on top of valuable resources or entrances to them.

Keep ARK alive!

Archived