Name: nano

Species: nanotyrannus venemocursos

Wild: prowling along the plains on the islands, Nanotyrannus venemocursos is the fastest known predator on the island. With only the Gallimimus to top its speed, nothing else is safe from its knife like teeth. Being smaller than a Carno but bigger than an Austrolovenator, most herbivores try their best to avoid these running savages.

Known information: 
No one knows for sure whether or not the nanotyrannus is venomous. It could just have terrible bacteria in its mouth or have venomous fangs like the titanoboa. However, that never matters when a nano is heading right for you. Being a relative to the Tyrannosaurus Dominium, it still bears its strong crushing bite. But due to being it a lot smaller than yuty and T.Dominium, it's bite is a mix between a bone crushing bite and a bleed inflicting bite. So once it bites you, not only does it crush bones and infect your body, but it also causes you or any other creature to slowly bleed out. If you're unlucky, you can just collapse and die if your not careful...

Domestication:
Nanotyrannus is a must have creature for all tribes. It may not be as fast as a Gallimimus, it's still an extremely fast runner as well as a great fighter. Packs of these can be used to run down retreating enemies or prisoners. Other tribes see these as great helpers when taming an animal, tranquillising your target and then running away with your nanotyrannus to give yourself space from your target. The only downside is it's extremely nimble legs. If something with great power was to damage its legs, it can break them and it will take a while for it to heal. If not careful enough, it can even break its leg from jumping or falling off a high cliff. It will not immobilise it, it can still limp away...sometimes it's limp is even faster than the creature pursuing it! 

Authors notes: I believe I've said in another one of my carnivore dossiers that it was the fastest predator on the island (I believe it was the jonlger one.) I've changed my mind and I'll make sure I fix it. This is the new fastest predator and no other KNOWN dinosaur can best it. Galli doesn't count cause it's a herb. The only predators that can be faster than it are hybrids or non dinosaur beings. 

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Name: microceratops

Species: microceratops daemobellus

Wild: Whatever you do...do not go near a wild microceratops in public. Being on of the smallest herbivores, this adorable animal is probably the worst thing to encounter in the wild. It's so adorable that any animal will attack you if you go too close to it. So basically the microceratops is just too cute to kill. I've seen humans and dinosaurs kill eachother just to protect it and nurture it. 

Known information: Microceratops' are known as 'bad luck ceratopsians'. Once you see one, you're guaranteed to have bad luck or even die in te next few days. The worst part is that they LOVE humans. So when one sees you, they want to be your best friend, making you a target to every jealous being on the island. Only a few predators can resist its charm. Those creatures are usually the more aggressive, intelligent  and savage predators. Either way, they'll still kill you. 

Domestication: taming one is a decision you must overcome. Either leave it alone in the wild and hurt the poor and adorable lizards feelings or adopt the creature and fight your way back to base. It's not really worth it besides the fact that every creature loves its eggs for kibble and it's the only animal on this island that will give you unconditional love. Having one on your shoulder during a fight strengthens your army and dinosaurs. Enhancing their skills in every way, however, if one was to die during battle, your animals will suffer a small moment of sadness, causing animals to knock off their riders and overall make them weaker and vulnerable to the enemies. Like how the saying goes, 'keep you tribe members close but your microceratops' closer'. 

Authors notes: based on the carebears rexes who protect the dryosaurs in the Isle. Had fun making this dossier. If you haven't realised, I didn't add the skill template for this one or the nanotyrannus one. I'll add one tomorrow cause it's 12:02 am over here and I'm tired. Night night 

Name: conca

Name: concavenator mendatristis

Wild: one of the most unpredictable and untrustworthy predators on the islands. Concavenators are usually unsociable and highly aggressive if disturbed, but they'll try to avoid any contact with animals. They use their porcupine quills along their back to fend off larger predators that try to pick a meal out of it, giving them a painful sting as wells as injecting them with a torpor inflicting venom. 

Known information: 
It is believed that concavenators not only use their venomous quills as a defence but also as a hunting method. Despite their shy behaviour, they'll get nice and close to their target and act very kind and low key. Eventually, the prey will allow them to close, giving the concavenator the opportunity to brush its torpor inflicting venom on its prey over time. Soon, the prey will start to get weaker and weaker, then it will fall unconscious. The prey will become vulnerable to the concavenator and will be eaten alive. 

Domestication: 
Very few people have tamed a concavenator. That is usually because no one has lived to tell about it nor ever found one due to their unsociable behaviour. The Junkers have been able to tame a few...but they're very uncontrollable. Once tamed, a concavenator's behaviour and attitude changes. Instead of being shy and sly, they're now evil and aggressive. Their untrustworthy behaviour gets worse. For instance, if a battle you're in flop sides, your concavenator will turn on you and try to kill you, resulting in the Junkers having to give their concavenator's muzzles. Their porcupine like quills make it almost impossible for you to escape their evil  nature. Some people are pretty lucky to tame a concavenator that are usually shy and a lot calmer and kinder...I guess it's just them being nice to their owners so they can kill them later on when the time is right...
I've tamed on myself. I usually keep it off a leesh so it looks wild. Then I make it go up to one of my targets or up to a base. From curiosity, humans will want to tame it. They usually get quite a shock when they fall unconscious from its quills and eventually die. despite its trickery behaviour, it'll only take time for mine to turn on me as well. 

Tier: medium
Speed: medium
Health: medium
Damage: high (torpor is high)
Stam: high
Weight: medium 
Rideable: yes
Tameable: yes 

Unique tame: since in the wild their unsociable, you must bring a bigger predator to scare it. It will eventually sit in a weird ball like shape with theirs quills sticking out. Since its in a ball, it cannot see or know what's going on, giving you the opportunity to shoot it with tranqs.

Unique saddle: due to the hump on their back and their multiple quills, it's quite difficult to put a saddle on as well as ride it without falling unconscious, let alone a unique saddle. People are forced to where dracovenator leather under their armour. It's loose enough for us to move our body but it's not the lightest thing in the world. 

Authors notes: porcupine niche!
next up, majungasaurus 

45 minutes ago, DahDerpasaur said:

Well, I didn't expect this one.

Lol yeah well I thought about it for quite some time and just a carnivore with a hump doesn't seem interesting to me. It's a cool dinosaur but i didn't have a niche for it. I went on Google and saw concavenator drawings with lots of quills and spikes and that screamed porcupine niche for me. 

59 minutes ago, Kaprodonychus said:

Lol yeah well I thought about it for quite some time and just a carnivore with a hump doesn't seem interesting to me. It's a cool dinosaur but i didn't have a niche for it. I went on Google and saw concavenator drawings with lots of quills and spikes and that screamed porcupine niche for me. 

Oh, I see.

How 'bout making Heterodontosaurus as basically the honey badger of the island? A small but nasty-tempered herbivore covered in razor-sharp venomous spines that it can fling at you, a tusked bite strong enough to go through non-metal armor, high speed, the ability to dodge most attacks, and immunity to bleed effects, disease, and poisons.

Name: majunga

Species: majungasaurus puercomestores

Wild: roughly around the same size of a carnotaurus, Majungasaurs are actually quite rare. That's usually because most of them never make it to adulthood. Majungasaurs are known for eating their own children as well as babie animals from other animal species. Females will usually look after their young for a while until they decide that they want to mate with another majungasaur. 

Known information: 
Majungasaurs are pretty much banned in a lot of tribes and cities around the island. Mostly because they're a danger towards children and adolescents. They don't like sudden movements and screaming. Only few tribes allow Majungasaurs in their tribe at their own risk. Much like the Concavenators, no one trusts a majunga.

Domestication: 
It has come to my conclusion that Majungasaurs are NOT to be allowed near small children or young or small animals. They cannot be trusted near them and it's possible that they'll eat them. On the bright side a tamed majunga also emits pheromones that infect enemy female dinosaurs so they cant produce fertile or healthy eggs. Instead, they'll only produce dead and infected eggs. Majungasaurs themselves are Great War mounts. Stronger but slower than Carnos, they pack quite a bite when facing enemies. Overall, Majungasaurs are great battle mounts, but also terrible parents!

Speed: moderate
Weight: moderate
Damage: high
Health: high
Weight: high

Unqiue tame: bait. They're so rare that you need to lure them out with either a child, baby dino or a fertilised egg. Tranq it when it gets close. May result in losing the bait...

Unique saddle: none yet

Authors notes: a better and deadlier ovi, gives the Maia something to fight with. ;) next is a requested heterodontosaurus 

On 25 June 2016 at 3:32 AM, GlarnBoudin said:

How 'bout making Heterodontosaurus as basically the honey badger of the island? A small but nasty-tempered herbivore covered in razor-sharp venomous spines that it can fling at you, a tusked bite strong enough to go through non-metal armor, high speed, the ability to dodge most attacks, and immunity to bleed effects, disease, and poisons.

Name: Hetero

Species: hererodontosaurus formidilosus

Wild: Despite them being herbivorous, Heterodontosaurs are extremely aggressive. Their angry face and tusks make people want to run away. They bear torpor inflicting quills along its back, have extremely long and sharp tusks and are immune to poisons and venoms. Essentially, their like Austrolovenators and honey badgers, extremely hyperactive and aggressive. 

Known information: 
Heterodontosaurs have unique skin. Not only is it fire proof, but it also changes colour during certain situations. It skin can either tell others if it's in danger or showing how dangerous it is, making them scarier than they already are. 

Domestication: 
Hererodontosaurs are extremely good guard dogs. They can run extremely fast, dodging animal attacks, fling their poison quills at humans and even sink their tusks into non metal armour. Their immunity to fire and poison helps out a lot in many situations. The 3 things that intrigue me (also terrify me) are its ability to change colour depending on the situation, they can detect whether or not people are lying and they have a tendency to....bite of fingers....disarming humans....

Tier: small
Speed: high
Health: moderate/low
Weight: low
Stam: high
Immunity: high

Unique saddle/armor: my camera idea
Unique tame: Sticks! Put a stick (or club) in its mouth and simply put it on its side and sit on it (like wrestling a crocodile) your sheer weight will make it slowly lose air and then fall unconscious. If you are strong or have a good club or stick, simply smacking it in its mouth might make it unconscious either way. 

Authors notes: requested by @GlarnBoudin. Also added a few of my own thoughts as well for this scary animal. 

Name: smilus

Species: thylacosmilus citinsidiator

Wild: 
Smaller than the smilodon and direwolves in the snow and plains, thylacosmilus citinsidiator are essentially the cheetahs of the island. Thylacosmilus' even have a similar pattern like the cheetah and they use that pattern to camouflage into the long grass before they attack their prey.

Known information: 
Thylacosmilus' are remarkably fast. They're one of the fastest animals on the island too. They can even to extremely tight turns to avoid attacks or turn around if they missed prey. Thylacosmilus' don't have a very string bite so instead of puncturing arteries and veins, they like to suffocate them to death. They will pounce their prey and pierce their throat with their fangs and hold them their until they either die from lack of air or choke on their own blood. 

Domestication: 
Once tamed, a thylacosmilus is great for ambushing humans and small prey, killing them almost instantly. Their suffocating ability can also help with taking down much larger prey. Riding one of these things can also help with travelling. However, their low weight and endurance are its only downfalls.

Health: moderate
Speed: high
Weight: low
Stam: moderate/low

Unique tame: tranquillise it from above or far away from it. Their pounce can do a lot of damage if you're not careful.

Unique saddle: too small :P

Authors notes: name me some cool and scary prehistoric seals with big teeth. I have a funny niche for it if you do find me one. ;)

Archived