Dedicated Server Will Not Save

Dedicated Server Will Not Save

I used SteamCMD to download the ark content in order to host my dedicated server. I am hosting a cluster and all is well connection wise ( people can join who are not on LAN ). BUT the second they leave the server, all of their structures delete along with their tamed dinosaurs, and upon re-loging they are prompted to make a new character. I have installed the server on a separate hard drive from my OS, D:\ArkServer\Server\stuff and I have an alternative save directory D:\ArkServer\Saves\MapName\savestuff this save directory is empty. I have tried to elevate the server start call by running the batch file as administrator and this did not help this is the call that I make from the batch file.

start D:\ArkServers\Server\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64\ShooterGameServer "ragnarok?SessionName=XXXXX?AltSaveDirectoryName=D:\ArkServers\Saves\Ragnarok?ServerPassword=XXXXX?ServerAdminPassword=XXXXX?QueryPort=27015" -NoTransferFromFiltering -clusterid=AggressiveCluster1740

Hi Brian.

Try removing the full path of the save directory.
start D:\ArkServers\Server\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64\ShooterGameServer "ragnarok?SessionName=XXXXX?AltSaveDirectoryName=Ragnarok?ServerPassword=XXXXX?ServerAdminPassword=XXXXX?QueryPort=27015" -NoTransferFromFiltering -clusterid=AggressiveCluster1740

I start my server with something like...
cd D:\ArkServers\Server\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64
start ShooterGameServer.exe "ragnarok?SessionName=XXXXX?AltSaveDirectoryName=Ragnarok?ServerPassword=XXXXX?ServerAdminPassword=XXXXX?QueryPort=27015" -NoTransferFromFiltering -clusterid=AggressiveCluster1740

Then Ark uses its own "Saves" directory to store the AltSaveDirectoryName

Archived