A New Mammal?

MutationsGalore

Suggestion

A New Mammal?

Hello there! I was just thinking, maybe a new mammal would be nice? There's probably a lot of suggestions like this, but hopefully mine would be of somewhat interest to some people. I have many ideas for these possible new creatures that could be added to Ark! And guess what? These animals are from the Triassic period! Here are some of my mammal recommendations!

(Warning! I am not an expert when it comes

Lisowicia Bojani: The Lisowicia is an African Elephant sized synapsid that lived in what is now Poland. (Since Poland is a colder place, the Lisowicia would probably live somewhere in the snowy biome. I've been to Poland during the winter and it does get really cold there, it also snows a lot in the winter.) The Lisowicia is four-legged and reached an estimated length of 14.7 feet or 4.5 meters. The Lisowicia was 8.5 feet tall or 2.6 meters long and had a body mass of 9 tons. The Lisowicia was a herbivore and since most of Ark's bigger  herbivores fight when attacked, it would make sense if it did. But I was thinking that this creature could be rather smart and only attack smaller carnivorous creatures if it were to be attacked. That means it would flee from bigger predators such as Allos, T-Rexes, Yutys, etc. If it were to be attacked by smaller creatures, the creatures would have to be in a pack. So it would be attacked by Raptors, Direwolves, and Hyenadons. The Lisowicia could also have the same ability as the Trike since it also has a well-armored head. Also, it would be cool if it had a "fear" ability like the Yuty that scares off smaller predators. Since the body is similar to a Morellatops you could use that as a base for it. If it were to be ridden, the saddle would probably be able to be unlocked at a earlier level, such as 15-25. 

Morganucodon: The Morganucodon is a small, plantigrade mammal. It had a fairly long tail and looked like a shrew or mouse. The Morganucodon was only 10 cm long. There is evidence indicating that the Morganucodon lived in a forest area. The (I'm just going to call it Morgan now) Morgan fossils had the substance of Hirmerellia in it, which may mean they fed on it. Surprisingly, I have many ideas for this small creature. The Morgan was most likely nocturnal and lived in borrows, so, the Morgan could have a new feature that allows it to make borrows underground and the only time they will come up is during the night or if you have sap. Speaking of sap, maybe sap could be it's primary food source and since you get sap in the red wood biome they would spawn in the red wood biome. This doesn't have any logic attached to it, but the Morgan could have an ability that makes it smell bad and that would cause predators (such as Terror Birds, Thylas, etc) to stay away from it. The Morgan could also live in an "underground city" that is made up of 3 or more burrows. The Morgan could also be good at harvesting sap from trees. It would probably be a shoulder creature.

1 reply to this server topic

I'd love to see some new mammals, your suggestions are great but I'd also love to see a diprotodon - giant prehistoric wombat, makes sense to add on in since we've already got the procoptodon and thylas, be nice to round out the marsupial collection with a wombat too.  A cyniodyctis might be cool as well, they're a really interesting carnivore and smaller than the other carnivorous mammals we have at the moment.

Archived