NattivStray

Suggestion

Unique items and treasures

Hello everyone, I got an idea. 

I think that Ark crafting sistem is great, but as an open world game there could be a great addition: uniquen items. I mean, I know that artifacts are already in the game, but they have a specific aim. What I suggest to introduce is the possibility to find unique items or tresures usable in the daily game life, i.e. unique weapons (swords, arrows, guns etc.), unique clothes and armours, unique plants and, why not, unique creatures (or their eggs) to be introduced lately. Unique items could have their own skin and a name, or an unique power.

Moreover, it could be useful to introduce, with or without unique items, many or more "treasures": I mean useful ordinary (or unique) loot found in strange or difficult places to reach, randomly spawned not in the same place. So, if they would be useful, people can improve their experience moving like a treasure hunter, in addition to the ordinary gameplay.

Thanks and try to survive!

5 replies to this server topic

I think this is one of those suggestions that wouldn't be a necessity, but one that would be fun to add to gameplay. I think it would be fun. 

Personally, I would love a few more display, decorative, and/or usable items and it is something that those on the server I play on and I have discussed often.

From a console players perspective, there aren't too many to play around with yet. There are a few items you can place on display stands, some skins for saddles, weapons, and characters, but as fun as they all are, there isn't a lot of variety. 

Having unique treasures you can find, or craft using items you can find, would bring a unique twist to the maps, and possibly to server held events. 

One option we have discussed is being able to use the tribute items for more than just a price to pay for an obelisk. It would be nice to be able to grind them up or use them to craft unique weapons, costumes, and such. Therizino claws could be crafted into a weapon resembling wolverine's claws for example. 

Another would be to search out gemstones that could be used to bolster a weapons, tools, saddle, or clothing abilities if they were added to the item during its crafting. They would be extremely rare and hard to find. Perhaps as a reward earned only after killing specific creatures that are difficult to find and kill. A tribute themselves that is even more rare than others. 

Those were just a few examples. They wouldn't really be necessary for gameplay, but could be fun additions.

You are welcome. ? I love discussing fun ideas such as these. 

Another method to incorporate the new items would be to do so through Ark Events.

They have done several, and through some of them added special dinos that you come across and can see or skins/items you can create through the collection and use of items. However, from those I have played through, they haven't done much in the way of including tameable dinos that only appear during events, nor do they have weapons or tools that you can craft or find beyond skins for items. 

An example may be a "Dragon Event". (this is just an example)

• During which Wyvern eggs would appear frequently hatching in a variety of colors and levels.
  • The temporary addition of Faerie Dragons; a new form of shoulder pet flying about the map. They would only be available during the event and could be tamed by a new item that is found across the map during the events, such as a specific flower that grows in fields. Much like the bone mounds that appear during the Archeology Event. 
  • The temporary addition of a Dragonet; a new form of rideable mount. It size would be comparable to an owl or an argentavis. And like the Unicorn, they would only appear in the wild one at a time an only in specific areas. To tame them, they would need to be fed something difficult to find, such as Wyvern Eggs, or a new item that is difficult to come across. It would be a challenge to find one and tame one with the competitions of others in the area.
  • The temporary addition of Wyvern and Dragonet saddles in beacons or cave drops. They would be a rare find only available during the event.
    • The items and creatures obtained during the event would remain at the conclusion of it. So you could keep what you find, but you would have a limited time in which to find them. 

This is only one example. Specific items available for only a set period of time. It would increase the drive to compete in the finding and taming of the items/dinos during the period of the event. They could be themed after creatures both mythical and otherwise, after holidays and events from around the world, seasonal, or simply themed after a type or collection of dinos. 

It's a nice and enjoyable one. The point is that the event should leave something useful to players, managing them to partecipate to gain something they want or they need. Skins are good, and it's nice to introduce new ones through events, but often people is not interested to spend time to gain something they don't need or that doesn't change their game experience.

31 minutes ago, NattivStray said:

Skins are good, and it's nice to introduce new ones through events, but often people is not interested to spend time to gain something they don't need or that doesn't change their game experience.

Exactly. I agree completely.

It is fun to use some of the items for the period of the event, and sometimes a bit after, but there isn't much you get to keep beyond a few skins. Having a few new weapons, saddles, tools, dinos, or actual clothing items that can only be found or collected during events would be a nice way to spice them up a bit. I think it would add a good deal of drive to be active during the events.

Alos, simply adding the items to the game would be fun at first, but just like other items, they may lose their appeal over time. Whereas having them available for only a short while, perhaps a few times a year at most, would keep the uniqueness alive. That's not to say I would like all new items to be available during events, but having a few special items that tied into the events and others that could be found or crafted on the map, would add a bit more of a challenge and fun to the game. 

Archived