tips Combined Tip & Tricks Thread (for PC)

OurGrid

Thank you Collision for some added notes!

3 hours ago, RabidBunny said:

This is a great list, but the repeat tames item is just plain WRONG.  Check out the CrumpleCorn taming calculator (http://ark.crumplecorn.com/taming/) I've used this again and again with 100% results, if repeat taming times did effect the taming time, then that calculator wouldn't work.

Other than that, great list!

Also add "Press H to see your current zone name".

Yea another myth - I have tamed numerous Argys in the past few days timing it based on food value / level to tame time and it didn't work for me either, Currently the Server Reports an Error On Edit - Will Try Tomorrow

• 3 weeks later...
  • Volunteer Moderator

On the phioma forced pooping, if you put them on a platform and have their butt hanging over the edge or put them on a ramp, it makes collecting the pop a little easier, as it will pile better and tends to NOT get underneath the phioma; sometimes, when you try to grab a chunk from between their legs you end up mounting them (yes, I know how it sounds).

Mate boosting your animals makes them gather more resources, even if one of them is level 1 it will boost the resources your 200+ animal gets just by following it around.

When breeding spamming U makes them stay still. eliminating the need to build a cage

You can encumber an oviraptor on wandering and still get the egg boost

If you lose a dino under the map dismounting an anky that is being picked up against a hill will let you go under the map whenever you need and you can find your lost dino (bring scuba gear and flippers)

Autoturrets don't shoot C4, attaching some to dinos and then dropping them and detonating is the cheapest way to raid a base with lots of full autoturrets (you can loot the bullets as opposed to draining the them)

• 8 months later...

Archived