Complete Combat Overhaul

AcyanidePancake

Suggestion

warning: this is a very critical veiw on what needs to be fixed in the game combat wise. if you get salty because you disagree with someone elses opinions then this aint the place for you

also i suck at spelling so sorry in advance for any mistakes

alright this is a long one so bear with me. ARK NEEDS A COMBAT OVERHAUL NOW. IT DID LIKE 2 YEARS AGO!!! so how do you fix this? easy. scrap the whole thing and rebuild it. so after playing ark since launch day  me and others who havent even played that long started to realize somthing... combat and pvp in ark is boooooooring. everyone relise on there dinos to much. now i understand that the whole idea of ark is to tame creatures to help in pvp, taming, harvesting, more pvp, mass grinding, and more pvp, but heres the thing it gets boring, the combat system in ark is massively flawed. from hit boxes and hit registration. to absolute and obvious lazyness in the animation department all the way down to common sense.

now for my ideas to fix this

obviously ark is a survival game. so why does it lack so many survival basics? i.e (veriety of )traps such as snares, pit falls, your classic leave food in a seemingly safe place then suddenly a cage falls on your head kinda stuff. it lacks basic weapons such as knives, caltrop's, atlatl's, daggers, tomahawk's, etc, all things that can be used and made with primitive materials. what about camoflauge? how many times have you lost your starter base or any base you made because the good spots where taken and you where left to build in the open? the ability to conceal your base at least up to a certian size would be amazing for people starting out on the server and keep them from being raided immediatly. and thats just barely the start of it.

the rest of the stuff you can get as you progress is pretty lackluster as well. all the stone products are missing vital items for a survival game. after you get a smithy. the amount of combat related stuff onther than dino saddles is pitiful. 3 guns, a sword, a metal spear, a crossbow, 2 primitive explosives and about 13ish (give or take a few) types of ammo... Why? where is the sense of fun in pvp if this is what i get to engage a player with? yet again the answer to this problem is to add more and even give some items a TLC patch now at this point in your progression you should have a significantly larger selection of weapons to choose from. such as more swords. not every sword in the world has to be the exact same. never knowing exactly what your enemy is bringing to the table is part of the fun. for example longer swords with more reach or heaver swords for more damage heck maby even a pitch fork i dont care.and maby a selection of bayonets for the longneck and primitive shotgun ranging between small, medium, and large so that you have a chance if things get up close and personal.

and now for the metal teir. ooooooooooooh boy where to start. the amout of weaponry avalable is sad compared to the ludicrus amout we should have. 4 guns a rocket launcher a metal bow, 3 explosives a poison grenade and (i think) about 15 or 17 different types of ammo. wow... thats not a lot. if i can have a dino that can fire needles from its head at bullet speen i can sure as hell have an LMG or an ACTUALL GRENADE AND NOT THE BS FROM 47 LEVELS AGO. a veriety of guns, smg's, snipers, full autos with different stats and build costs (realisticlly everything i mentioned should have a different build cost),land mines, emp grenades, mortars, Tactical nuke launchers i dont care but somthing that makes pvp at this level exiting (now obviously i was joking about the tactical nuke thing.. unless it actually is an option lol.) and yall need to add a few more defences other than spike walls and actuall walls i.e land mines. now if anyone can think of anything else leave it down in the coments lol.

now for animation...

by show of hands who else is sick of melee animations being the same over and over and over and over and over again... unlike the mek who for some reason is special and has a couple of sword animations... wat is dis bull? add some verity to the animations in the game please and the last thing i have to say is that yall need to fix some logic details  i wont nae them all but the most prominent one in my mind is that turrets can see through smoke grenades??? i dont remember building a heat seeking atachment for them so if yall could fix that it would be great and a nice counter instead of having to tank for frikin ever and maybe smoke grenades would be used mor frequently who knows.

so the point of all of this was to communicate that ark gets boring when the whole game pvp system revolves around dinosaurs. i havent had just good old player on player pvp in a long time and i think that that was a part of ark that we all deeply missed and still do i dont want to see ark devolve into some game with a cheap pvp systme with no room for diversity.

(oh and add some small lizzards and stuff like butterflies. A.) for immersion and B.) because the trapes i talked about in the beggining of this post technically wernt designed to capture anything larger than a dodo and i dont want to see only compys and dodos in my trap. remember? that whole thing aout immersion?

well this is my verrrrrrrrrry large game suggestion i left out a crap ton for the sake of your sanity. but i do hope at least some of it gets implemented after all fo this is said and done. leave a comment tell me what you agree and dissagre with (not in a salty way plaese) tell me what needs to added or junked and all of that good stuff

and dont forget to vote for it so that the devs actually do somthing about it (like i said not everything has to be added. you dont want a TNL? fine. no TNL) not every hase to be added

- pancake

2 replies to this server topic

1 hour ago, PapaVinny said:

like the weapons idea, love the camo idea a lot cuz I'm a solo player. Smoke grenade idea is good too, but I imagine that could be abused unless there's some limit. PVP really does need some variety. I wish the melee animations were at the very least, had a different random animation every swing. And more melee mechanics. Will probably post my own suggestion soon.

i think that the camo should be limited to a 3l by 3w by 2h base because it would be way to op to be able to hide an entire fortress and with the smoke grenades maybe a certain amount can be used at once before a cool down is initiated and if you post your own suggestion lemme know im interested to see what everyone else thinks ?

like the weapons idea, love the camo idea a lot cuz I'm a solo player. Smoke grenade idea is good too, but I imagine that could be abused unless there's some limit. PVP really does need some variety. I wish the melee animations were at the very least, had a different random animation every swing. And more melee mechanics. Will probably post my own suggestion soon.

Archived