Possible Tameable Corrupted Wyvern, Drake, and Forest Wyvern?

YourFavoriteOni

I'm wondering if these 3 varients of known creatures will be some how tameable in the future?

I play on a cluster, and the admins for my cluster have stated that they might consider spawning in tamed or force taming some of the varients for events. However, I'm wondering if these varients would become tameable at some point? The Forest Wyvern looks absolutely amazing! Sure, it may be small for its side, but it would be nice to have a normal sized Wyvern that actually nested in the Sunken Forest or in an area near the Sunken Forest, that resembled the Forest Wyvern for the Forest Titan. As for the corrupted Wyvern, I LOVE the magenta flames they spit and I would love to see some sort of way to tame it. Even if it means shooting it in the corruption splots like the Titans. Same for the Drakes. I just feel that its a little unfair to have such amazing and awesome looking varients with absolutely no way of taming them...

1 hour ago, YourFavoriteOni said:

I'm wondering if these 3 varients of known creatures will be some how tameable in the future?

I play on a cluster, and the admins for my cluster have stated that they might consider spawning in tamed or force taming some of the varients for events. However, I'm wondering if these varients would become tameable at some point? The Forest Wyvern looks absolutely amazing! Sure, it may be small for its side, but it would be nice to have a normal sized Wyvern that actually nested in the Sunken Forest or in an area near the Sunken Forest, that resembled the Forest Wyvern for the Forest Titan. As for the corrupted Wyvern, I LOVE the magenta flames they spit and I would love to see some sort of way to tame it. Even if it means shooting it in the corruption splots like the Titans. Same for the Drakes. I just feel that its a little unfair to have such amazing and awesome looking varients with absolutely no way of taming them...

They are pretty much just cosmetic variants of Fire wyverns with the exception of the corrupted drake which is just a normal rock drake, the most I could see them doing is releasing costumes to put on them like the skeletal and tek skins.  I personally think it was pretty goofy that they turned the tek skin set into actual creatures instead of just having tek skins equip to wild dinos, it was a real waste since we had actual high quality dino skins like the brachiosaurus, Stygimoloch, and styracosaurus that got screwed and left as skins instead.  They should just have corrupt costumes as unlockables for collecting Extinction explorer notes.

3 hours ago, RipRavage said:

They are pretty much just cosmetic variants of Fire wyverns with the exception of the corrupted drake which is just a normal rock drake, the most I could see them doing is releasing costumes to put on them like the skeletal and tek skins.  I personally think it was pretty goofy that they turned the tek skin set into actual creatures instead of just having tek skins equip to wild dinos, it was a real waste since we had actual high quality dino skins like the brachiosaurus, Stygimoloch, and styracosaurus that got screwed and left as skins instead.  They should just have corrupt costumes as unlockables for collecting Extinction explorer notes.

I didn't know about the other skins other than the Brachi skin. As for them releasing corrupt skins for the tames, why not just let us tame the corrupt varient instead? Besides, I don't want a corrupt looking wyvern that spits regular fire, I'd LOVE to have the magenta flames. If only you could color the flames of the fire wyverns... having one spit out blue, green, purple, etc. etc. colored flames would be really awesome!

54 minutes ago, YourFavoriteOni said:

I didn't know about the other skins other than the Brachi skin. As for them releasing corrupt skins for the tames, why not just let us tame the corrupt varient instead? Besides, I don't want a corrupt looking wyvern that spits regular fire, I'd LOVE to have the magenta flames. If only you could color the flames of the fire wyverns... having one spit out blue, green, purple, etc. etc. colored flames would be really awesome!

There’s not much point other than the fire colors, the corrupted creatures lore wise are supposed to be insane due to their implants breaking down, so it doesn’t make much sense to be able to tame them.  Poor Deathworms can’t be tamed either and they’ve been in the game longer and are a unique creature.  You can color Dino skins, so I would just say add a flame shader to the corrupted skins rather than messing with the lore aspect of corrupted creatures.

12 hours ago, RipRavage said:

There’s not much point other than the fire colors, the corrupted creatures lore wise are supposed to be insane due to their implants breaking down, so it doesn’t make much sense to be able to tame them.  Poor Deathworms can’t be tamed either and they’ve been in the game longer and are a unique creature.  You can color Dino skins, so I would just say add a flame shader to the corrupted skins rather than messing with the lore aspect of corrupted creatures.

Sure, I'd love to be able to just color the flames of my wyverns, and its highly unfortunate that he forest wyvern is completely untameable, but either way I'd love to see at least something corrupted that is tameable. It may not make sense, but when has Ark ever actually made sense?

1 hour ago, YourFavoriteOni said:

Sure, I'd love to be able to just color the flames of my wyverns, and its highly unfortunate that he forest wyvern is completely untameable, but either way I'd love to see at least something corrupted that is tameable. It may not make sense, but when has Ark ever actually made sense?

I don’t understand why the skin set doesn’t exist already, they put out a stupid corrupted survivor set, but didn’t bother to for the multitude of corrupt dinos.

3 hours ago, RipRavage said:

I don’t understand why the skin set doesn’t exist already, they put out a stupid corrupted survivor set, but didn’t bother to for the multitude of corrupt dinos.

I'd settle with a skin set for the dinos, but until they release something I'd love to see some of them such as the drakes and wyverns tameable. I especially want the Forest Wyvern. They're so small and cool!

56 minutes ago, YourFavoriteOni said:

I'd settle with a skin set for the dinos, but until they release something I'd love to see some of them such as the drakes and wyverns tameable. I especially want the Forest Wyvern. They're so small and cool!

There’s always console commands.  Would be interesting if the tamed forest Titan spawned forest Wyverns.

1 hour ago, RipRavage said:

There’s always console commands.  Would be interesting if the tamed forest Titan spawned forest Wyverns.

Don't think it does and I saw a video of someone spawning in the forest wyvern tamed, and it would just die unless they force tamed a wild one which really sucks because its such a beautiful wyvern. As for the corrupt creatures, I play on a cluster and it appears the admins are going to use them for events rewards. I just wish they were actually tameable...

Archived