FULL server problems

Hotzy

Dear Wildcard - congrats on releasing a DLC with minimal problems and glitches.

The biggest problem you have always faced is full servers. You release for example 20 servers that allow 70 people.  thats 2800 players.  I believe you have in excess of over a million players.  

How to you plan on fixing the full servers? Are you prepared to remove that limit to see what happens?  I mean a lot of people are missing out because of the lack of servers.  

NOt trying to be rude but do you care if people are missing out or do you just care that people have bought it.. you have their money and now dont care?  In australia we have consumer laws which protect us and someone could legally sue you for limited access to what they paid for..If they are sucessful, Miscrosoft store australia will be forced to pull ark from the online store, all game stores would be forced to remove ark from their shelves, and Wildcard studios would be forced to refund every single person in australia that loses access to your game and this could essentially bankrupt you and close your game down for good... do you want this to happen? 

food for thought. 

I will be waiting a response from you... not that I think you will even respond

5 hours ago, Hotzy said:

In australia we have consumer laws which protect us and someone could legally sue you for limited access to what they paid for..If they are sucessful, Miscrosoft store australia will be forced to pull ark from the online store, all game stores would be forced to remove ark from their shelves, and Wildcard studios would be forced to refund every single person in australia that loses access to your game and this could essentially bankrupt you and close your game down for good... do you want this to happen? 

food for thought. 

I say do it or get a group going. (The only reason i am for this is i seriously think some of their equipment is and or was compromised meaning our information was also, obviously i can't prove that cause i would have to be at the server locations..)

They probably won't respond since i don't I've ever seen them respond, people usually gang up on them if they do and @ or quote them.

Am sure many would go a similar route had we the same laws, might want to move out there since that sounds great, respect the customer (that puts food on your plate and gas in your car, eh? ), i like it.

Edit:

I should be fair, its not so much the staff as it is the company (management / owners / investors)

So don't turn it around as it is the staff them selves if they want the job they have to follow the directions.  Wanted to clear that up.

As usual however, Wildcard fails to plan for success. Server crashing resulting in being kicked back into the cue; nowhere nearly enough servers released at launch;  Dino’s randomly going missing after taming...the list goes on and on.

its honestly too bad. Because the Ark community is phenomenal. The game itself is very well done conceptually. But the technical team ALL need to be fired. Especially their server admins. The load balancing is ridiculously bad and anyone who has ever worked in IT can tell you that the way the servers are configured is a joke.

what a complete and utter turn off for returning players who had high hopes that maybe Wildcard had figured it out finally. The dev teams - especially the modelers and artists - are all to be commended profusely. The IT team? Should NEVER be allowed to work in the gaming industry ever again.

8 hours ago, Hotzy said:

The biggest problem you have always faced is full servers. You release for example 20 servers that allow 70 people.  thats 2800 players.  I believe you have in excess of over a million players.  

How to you plan on fixing the full servers? Are you prepared to remove that limit to see what happens?  I mean a lot of people are missing out because of the lack of servers.  

NOt trying to be rude but do you care if people are missing out or do you just care that people have bought it.. you have their money and now dont care?  In australia we have consumer laws which protect us and someone could legally sue you for limited access to what they paid for..If they are sucessful, Miscrosoft store australia will be forced to pull ark from the online store, all game stores would be forced to remove ark from their shelves, and Wildcard studios would be forced to refund every single person in australia that loses access to your game and this could essentially bankrupt you and close your game down for good... do you want this to happen? 

food for thought. 

I don't see it ever having a million players online... https://steamcharts.com/app/346110

13 hours ago, Hotzy said:

food for thought. 

please wildcart fix it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived