Killing Titanosaur Advice

SprayTan

I’m at a point now in my single player game where the only thing I have yet to do is kill a titanosaur. Now I’d like a little bit of advice before I go charging in. (Drowning the Titan is out of the question. It is too far inland and I do not want to risk my mosasaurs).

In particular, I’d like to know if anyone has managed to slay these beasts with gigas yet. My plan is to breed a male and female giga(so they are mate boosted), fully imprint both, and equip them with the best saddles I can get my hands on. I’d expect them to have about about 35k health and 45% melee once leveled. So my question is will this be enough to take out a level 1 titanosaur? 

47 minutes ago, SprayTan said:

I’m at a point now in my single player game where the only thing I have yet to do is kill a titanosaur. Now I’d like a little bit of advice before I go charging in. (Drowning the Titan is out of the question. It is too far inland and I do not want to risk my mosasaurs).

In particular, I’d like to know if anyone has managed to slay these beasts with gigas yet. My plan is to breed a male and female giga(so they are mate boosted), fully imprint both, and equip them with the best saddles I can get my hands on. I’d expect them to have about about 35k health and 45% melee once leveled. So my question is will this be enough to take out a level 1 titanosaur? 

No not enough 

I've been there I lost Gigas I lost equipments, and I killed 3-4 titans already. 

Best saddle you can get right now unfortunately is journeyman in single player unless you figure out a way to craft mastercrafted or ascendant, I've been trying from couple of weeks now, I can't craft on argies so went back to castoroides now and I don't see it possible breeding one with more than 1700 weight specially in singleplayer highest level castoroide you'll be able to see in the wild is 30 with max weight of 500 something, it's a long long shot, anyway maybe it's possible.

Gigas will die without a gd saddle, I lost 2 gigas fighting a half hp titan that's after I wasted between 100-150 rockets, and it still manage to kill 2 of my gigas.

Well if you can take the losses I would definitely say go ahead try your chances since there's nothing to do in the game anymore except going to that extreme.

I'm still searching for a level 29 or 30 male Giga to start a descent breed and imprint but it's just hard to find a good level one in the wild and I've been searching from ever if you'really watching my videos you'll know.

Now I'm working on direwolf, after many many generations I've reach a point in singleplayer that my level 226 direwolf has more than 900% Attack and 13k health, I still have about 34 level on him so can get the health to 20k I think.

I'm willing to take my chances with 10 or 15 of those wolves vs titans :)

I tried in land, underwater, me and the titans have been everywhere, just get yourself ready for a lot of setbacks.

best way I think is the quetz and the cannon

Anyway good hunting my friend.

The problem with your gigas is the melee- It would need about 8-10 times that melee to be able to take it down.

You could always shoot it from a safe place, or lure it into a place you can ko it with a cannon, and either tame or kill it when its down. 

Keep in mind it has 230k hp and does damage in the four digits.

1 hour ago, Wazzamaniac said:

The problem with your gigas is the melee- It would need about 8-10 times that melee to be able to take it down.

You could always shoot it from a safe place, or lure it into a place you can ko it with a cannon, and either tame or kill it when its down. 

Keep in mind it has 230k hp and does damage in the four digits.

I’m afraid until mobile releases higher level Dinos it will be impossible to get a gigs with those melee stats. Luring it seems to probably be the best option but those cannonballs cost a fortune to make and weigh a ton. If two Gigas won’t cut it I’ll bring four instead.. the more the merrier.

35 minutes ago, SprayTan said:

I’m afraid until mobile releases higher level Dinos it will be impossible to get a gigs with those melee stats. Luring it seems to probably be the best option but those cannonballs cost a fortune to make and weigh a ton. If two Gigas won’t cut it I’ll bring four instead.. the more the merrier.

You might lose all of them. They will enrage from the damage

I used to farm them with two mate boosted ~250-300% melee gigas with 80-90 armor saddles with and without rider imprint bonus where only once the unridden one got enraged because I let him eat too many alt attacks from the titan (always approach from front not back to not trigger his alt attack).

It's easier with a decent lightning. I level 1.5k stam rest melee.

Just now, TribeofJoe199127 said:

I used to farm them with two mate boosted ~250-300% melee gigas with 80-90 armor saddles with and without rider imprint bonus where only once the unridden one got enraged because I let him eat too many alt attacks from the titan (always approach from front not back to not trigger his alt attack).

It's easier with a decent lightning. I level 1.5k stam rest melee then just hover over it.

No lightning wyverns on mobile, or high level gigas either apparently

2 hours ago, NeNe said:

No not enough 

I've been there I lost Gigas I lost equipments, and I killed 3-4 titans already. 

Best saddle you can get right now unfortunately is journeyman in single player unless you figure out a way to craft mastercrafted or ascendant, I've been trying from couple of weeks now, I can't craft on argies so went back to castoroides now and I don't see it possible breeding one with more than 1700 weight specially in singleplayer highest level castoroide you'll be able to see in the wild is 30 with max weight of 500 something, it's a long long shot, anyway maybe it's possible.

Gigas will die without a gd saddle, I lost 2 gigas fighting a half hp titan that's after I wasted between 100-150 rockets, and it still manage to kill 2 of my gigas.

Well if you can take the losses I would definitely say go ahead try your chances since there's nothing to do in the game anymore except going to that extreme.

I'm still searching for a level 29 or 30 male Giga to start a descent breed and imprint but it's just hard to find a good level one in the wild and I've been searching from ever if you'really watching my videos you'll know.

Now I'm working on direwolf, after many many generations I've reach a point in singleplayer that my level 226 direwolf has more than 900% Attack and 13k health, I still have about 34 level on him so can get the health to 20k I think.

I'm willing to take my chances with 10 or 15 of those wolves vs titans :)

I tried in land, underwater, me and the titans have been everywhere, just get yourself ready for a lot of setbacks.

best way I think is the quetz and the cannon

Anyway good hunting my friend.

Where am I able to see your videos?

If you got a bp of MC:pump-action shotgun and atleast a JM:longneck rifle..and a quetz.. 

craft atleast 3-4 of those guys and tons of ammo.. arround 1k  atleast each..then youl be able to kill a titanosaur with ease and safe ...it may take a while but a sure kill..

if you rely on dinos..dont bother it will be killed easy .. 

rpg is a good use too but thats take alot of resouces to craft the ammos..

Update: Thanks for all the replies. So here’s what I’m thinking. I’ll try the quetz/cannon strat to knock it out. I’ll have an allosaurus pack waiting nearby. When the Titan is out, I’ll bring the allos to kill it with bleed damage. Seems to be the fastest and cheapest method available. The wiki says 21 cannonballs should knock it out so I’ll bring 30 to be safe.

17 minutes ago, SprayTan said:

Update: Thanks for all the replies. So here’s what I’m thinking. I’ll try the quetz/cannon strat to knock it out. I’ll have an allosaurus pack waiting nearby. When the Titan is out, I’ll bring the allos to kill it with bleed damage. Seems to be the fastest and cheapest method available. The wiki says 21 cannonballs should knock it out so I’ll bring 30 to be safe.

Be careful if it dies from bleed no xp will be given

I have kill about 4 to 5 on pve.

Get it stuck with a argi i recommend finding one on the artic or close to a obslink then make sure that it’s stuck and make a little base close to it nothing fancy just one bed and a smith make around 3 to 4 k arrows and just shot it from far when crossbow breaks fix it at smithy once the titan drops to about 50 or 80k health is going to start running and it won’t attack just hit it with a sword or pike and that’s it

I forgot 

on the green  obslink is easy to trap it but it moves  so have a flyer with you to be moving and to kill it with a giga he has to be really stuck then place pillars on one side and get giga on the platform that you build and just attack it since the titan is stuck if it breaks it just wait for him to chill and fix it the health doesn’t go up that fast and if the giga gets  hit back away and it force feed meat. I only kill one tittan with a giga and it was easy just make sure he doesn’t get mad the titan didn’t even break foundations 

Archived