multiple server machines on the same network

Greenhorn

I wish to run multiple ARK servers on 2 physical machines.  but I'm having issues with the routing.

Will someone please point me to a tutorial, or take the time to give me the information I need?

Thanks in advance for any help.

I thought I had this worked out.  the server would start but no one could see it in game.  not even a client on the same network.  so I must still have something wrong.

1 hour ago, Sphere said:

Ah, I was about to show you some information that I found earlier back, but you figured it out anyways. Glad you worked it out yourself. :)

I thought I had it when the server started up without errors.  but no client can see the server.  including a client on the same network.  so any help you have I would love to get.

Thanks in advance

Your server cannot be seen on the network. You need to make sure that the host computers and the modem, are both allowing packets to go through, both TCP and UDP. A range of 27015 and up, and 7777 and up, to whatever number of servers is ideal. Windows machines? You would do this in the firewall. If it's on the modem, you would have to log into your modem, which typically is via a browser by typing in 192.168.1.1, and then the username and password, and then going to port forwarding. Make sure to set a static IP on your network for your servers.

If it's still not showing up after that, then we got to look at what else could be stopping it. No clients can see the servers, but can you still join it? Here is an example of joining a server via direct link. steam://connect/210.185.74.144:27015

You can also do domain names in there too instead of an IP address.

I am assuming you are clustering up with a FTP server to merge both host computers with cross-ark? A shame that you need 2 separate computers, as I tend to find that Global Chat only works on a single machine, unless somebody found a work around. I could think of a few, but I use a single powerful server to host all of the maps. But anyways, if you are merging the 2 computers to be 1 big cluster, what happens if you temporarily host only 1 computer?

Archived