Hello all...

So Im not a very tech savvy person and Im in search of some help. I purchased Ark a while back on Xbox one. After learning how to play I decided I wanted my own server that anyone could play on that allowed cross server raiding. So I purchased a PC. I have an Xbox, a PC and a single digitally (Xbox) purchased version of Ark. What are my options? What's my next step?

Thanks.

You need to rent a server
Like on Nitrado (official)
(you maybe could host one on your PC, but your PC need high composant, and will be used 100% to host the server, nothing else)

A server on Nitrado is 1$/slot each month, with a minimum of 10.

If you have a PC version of Ark, and you want to crossplay with Xbox, you'll need a Window 10 version of Ark, from the Microsoft Store, not Steam.

And yeah, that's pretty all

8 minutes ago, Globy said:

You need to rent a server
Like on Nitrado (official)
(you maybe could host one on your PC, but your PC need high composant, and will be used 100% to host the server, nothing else)

A server on Nitrado is 1$/slot each month, with a minimum of 10.

If you have a PC version of Ark, and you want to crossplay with Xbox, you'll need a Window 10 version of Ark, from the Microsoft Store, not Steam.

And yeah, that's pretty all

Ok so if im ok with dedicating my PC to ark what do I do? I have played my ark that I bought on Xbox on my PC.

2 minutes ago, FreelancerKnux said:

You start ark on the pc click host and then host a dedicated server, everything like rates, name and if its public will be shown from there. Set what you wish and presto.

Don't expect to be flooded with players though

Awesome... So it's pretty cut and dry then. Now can I play on that server from my xbox?

Yeah as long as you mark cross play as on you can. They can be a little temperamental so logging in can be easiest by joining game via the GT of the xbox live account hosting from your pc, otherwise you pick your server from the list in dedicated servers. Pretty sure that covers all your questions and what you might ask next. 

Have fun 

Archived