Hello! This is my first ever post and it's on breeding. I've looked at a lot of videos on youtube, and even looked around the forum for an answer to this question but I found nothing that was specific enough for me to apply to this situation to my understanding. 

I'm breeding rexes for boss battles, and I have run into an issue. I have identical twins that have no mutations, which are the base 0/0 mutations parents. I have just hatched two eggs from a line of rexes that already had some mutations. Both rexes are male. One has two health mutations and one melee mutation. The other rex is also male, but has one health mutation and two melee mutations. The question i have is, how do I get all the mutations into one line, so that I can have a rex with two health and two melee mutations to keep breeding with? 

The first solution I thought of was this. Breed the male that has 2hp and 1dmg mutation back to the 0/0 mother, in order to get a female that has the fathers mutations. With that female rex, breed it back to the other male with 1hp and 2dmg mutations to get all the mutations into one rex. 

Would this proposed solution work? I know it would cost more mutation slots but that cap is breakable anyways. 

Thank you to anyone who read this rambling post, and thank you even more if you can help me here. 

To the best of my knowledge, you will need to keep the lines separate until the very end of the process.  This is because combinations of dinos that have had mutations will drastically increase the mutation counter with no actual benefit.  (so a 2/20 and 2/20 combo will make a baby with 4/20 but no bonus stats)

To breed a dino with 20/20 health and 20/20 melee, you will need to have two different breeding lines, then once you have a baby with the desired stats, breed the two lines together until you have a male and female with the proper health and melee values.  You can then keep breeding them to create an army of super powered rex's but they will be unable to have any new mutations as they will likely show something like 500/20 mutations. 

Hope this helps and happy breeding!

Thank you for the input! 

I'm going to keep the lines separate for the time being. I play on a server that uses s+ so I have two s+ mutators that force mutations. If one side has above 20 mutstions, but the other side is empty, I think it's still possible to get mutations on the empty side, but that just would take more breeding in order to get the mutations to one side. 

I will definitely try out keeping the lines separate to try and breed them together down the line. 

I plan on getting one line above 20k health and another line to 500% melee. 

Safe travels! 

1 hour ago, TheBlastMage said:

To the best of my knowledge, you will need to keep the lines separate until the very end of the process.  This is because combinations of dinos that have had mutations will drastically increase the mutation counter with no actual benefit.  (so a 2/20 and 2/20 combo will make a baby with 4/20 but no bonus stats)

To breed a dino with 20/20 health and 20/20 melee, you will need to have two different breeding lines, then once you have a baby with the desired stats, breed the two lines together until you have a male and female with the proper health and melee values.  You can then keep breeding them to create an army of super powered rex's but they will be unable to have any new mutations as they will likely show something like 500/20 mutations. 

Hope this helps and happy breeding!

I dont agree with that. Maybe you are decreasing chance of mutations of both parent in later stage (bcs of mutation counter on one parent), but you also have smaller chance to get correct mutation, because you are trying to mutate only 1 stat instead of more.

+ Between time you have bad dinos, because they dont have both mutated stats.

4 hours ago, GearHead said:

Thank you for the input! 

I'm going to keep the lines separate for the time being. I play on a server that uses s+ so I have two s+ mutators that force mutations. If one side has above 20 mutstions, but the other side is empty, I think it's still possible to get mutations on the empty side, but that just would take more breeding in order to get the mutations to one side. 

I will definitely try out keeping the lines separate to try and breed them together down the line. 

I plan on getting one line above 20k health and another line to 500% melee. 

Safe travels! 

it depends on if s+ messes in any way with the way mutations work. In vanilla teh only mutation counter that matter for a male is the patrilineal one and for females the matrilineal one. so long as either one of those values is less than 20/20 you can get mutations. The trouble you're going to run into is that the mutation counter always transfers. So, if you breed 2 rexes that have 2/20 on their patrilineal side, you're gonna get a baby with 4/20 patrilineal, even if you don't get a mutation. if you do it too much you'll quickly get creatures that can no longer mutate. so you gotta watch them counters closely. 

again, thats vanilla, im not sure what (if anything) s+ did to alter that. 

Archived