Is the valentine event effecting singeplayer?

Gogohorse

For Xbox, no. There's apparently a way to activate it for single player on PC, but I don't have a computer that could run ARK so I can't confirm. I tried the -vday command line in the command box and got absolutely no response, even after waiting 3 game days and clearing out dino spawns.

Which is honestly sad. I wish there were events for single player that we could activate, considering how awful the ARK community is on official, but a lot of game developers do this. We aren't playing the game how they want us to play, so we don't get any of the goodies. I just cheat colored a few wild dino's the colors they're supposed to be for the Valentine's Day event and tamed them. It's not enjoyable in the sense I have to do it myself though. Kinda ruins the surprise of finding a cool colored dino.

10 hours ago, Sentiments said:

For Xbox, no. There's apparently a way to activate it for single player on PC, but I don't have a computer that could run ARK so I can't confirm. I tried the -vday command line in the command box and got absolutely no response, even after waiting 3 game days and clearing out dino spawns.

Which is honestly sad. I wish there were events for single player that we could activate, considering how awful the ARK community is on official, but a lot of game developers do this. We aren't playing the game how they want us to play, so we don't get any of the goodies. I just cheat colored a few wild dino's the colors they're supposed to be for the Valentine's Day event and tamed them. It's not enjoyable in the sense I have to do it myself though. Kinda ruins the surprise of finding a cool colored dino.

Wow... wild card has done it again, time to get that SetTargetDinoColor ready. I agree with the fact that it ruins the surprise.

Confirmed this isn't available for console. Us single players are unloved middle, step, redheaded childred who get locked up under the stairs and are fed scraps after dinner!! JK but sadly no we don't have access to this as of right now to my knowledge. As you stated above though being able to make our dinos whatever color we want helps only thing I really would like is some type of NPC option to keep things interesting.

Archived