Dedicated server on xboxone? Help!

Hi People.

So i just trying to figure this out! I have 2 xboxone.

One with the server on a different acc.

And one with the acc that im going to play with.

And one copy of the game. 

I can start the server just fine and dandy.  Here comes the rough part. When i take the Disc out the server stops! 

What i have read its possible to run a server on one of the consoles and play on the other with the same copy of the game!?  Please help. 

And yes both consoles has the game installed. The Disc seems to work as a validator kinda?

I'm sorry to inform you about this, but what you are trying to do will NOT work. The threads you have read about hosting a server and playing with one copy only works if the game was a DIGITAL copy and you use Xbox's Game share feature....I am sorry to inform you of this. If you are looking to play server with some friendly folks just send me a message.

1 hour ago, Kebster said:

I'm sorry to inform you about this, but what you are trying to do will NOT work. The threads you have read about hosting a server and playing with one copy only works if the game was a DIGITAL copy and you use Xbox's Game share feature....I am sorry to inform you of this. If you are looking to play server with some friendly folks just send me a message.

Kebster is right, you need two physical copies of the game or just 1 digital version. If you don't own a digital version of the xbox games, the xbox requires a physical disc as the check/proof of purchase, this applies to all xbox games. If it didn't do this, ppl could just rent/borrower physical games, load them once, and then have the game forever, and return the disc. 

Archived