Tek Rex Saddle Damage

Megateff

Hi guys,

I was just wondering how the damage works on a tek rex saddle. Like me and my tribe play on a boosted server and during a raid, we noticed the enemy tek saddle was doing way more damage than ours. How do we increase this damage. We had the same problem with tapejara's actually too.

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks

13 minutes ago, TracerBee said:

All tek saddles do the same damage, same as tek rifles.

That's what I thought. But it was clearly not the case.

6 minutes ago, Hobgobblin247 said:

Wouldn't it be affected by the crafting spec? Maybe they have a char that's full crafting and use that for making everything

Thanks I'll give this a test. I'd never thought of that but one of our tribe mates has full crafting. I'll get him to make one and test.

38 minutes ago, Hobgobblin247 said:

Wouldn't it be affected by the crafting spec? Maybe they have a char that's full crafting and use that for making everything

No, crafting skill wouldn't affect them.

They all do the same amount of damage, it depends on what you're hitting though, your enemy might have been hitting some softtargets, etc.

Where did you test this damage?

To be fair the damage wasn't exactly tested as such. We were fighting another tribe who were trying to raid us. That being said we had the damage numbers coming up and we could see that they were doing around twice as much damage (2k/4k ish).

I'm just trying to figure out what was going on really so I can level the field. 

2 hours ago, CourteousD said:

I assume that like dinos without tek saddles, the damage done depends on the kind of dino or structure being attacked. If it's hitting a dino the saddle's amount of armour would make a difference, as well as imprinting %, and maybe a few other things.

None of the stats on the dino affect the saddle in any way. The tek saddles and tek rifle damage is constant.

I've used them on official for several times, the damage only varies depending on the target. Unless the server he's playing on uses some kind of mod.

12 hours ago, TracerBee said:

None of the stats on the dino affect the saddle in any way. The tek saddles and tek rifle damage is constant.

I've used them on official for several times, the damage only varies depending on the target. Unless the server he's playing on uses some kind of mod.

I have no experience with tek saddles, so accept that damage  the tek saddle puts out is  not effected by the Dino it is attached to. I was suggesting that the target dino type, its' saddle and imprint is likely to affect the target's hp loss, and may account for the OP's observations

12 hours ago, TracerBee said:

Pretty positive any damage-reducing effect affects tek.

Also, something to mention, I think herbivores take like half damage from explosives, which i believe includes tek shots? (looking at patch notes)

Archived