Server question

DizzyDo

1 hour ago, DizzyDo said:

Hello everyone, I hope this hasn't been asked before, I'm new to the game mainly just playing sp been thinking about joining a server.  I know what official is all about but whats the difference between unofficial, dedicated and non-dedicated?

Thanks

first you should chose what version of game would you like to play.

in pve you fight against environment, aka animals. you can declare war against other tribe or solo player, but they have to accept it, otherwise you cant kill them or damage their buildings and animals (people almost never accept). but its hard to find official server that is not full of animals and lag that goes with it, and have free space for your base .

in pvp you fight against other people as well as animals. if you chose official server you will be griefed for no reason, your animals would be killed just for fun, etc. you would have servers that will not be deleted (if chose new officials, if chose legacy offcials nobody know when they will be deleted and wildcard dont want us to know when they will do it) you wold have constant influx of new people to meet and play with.

unofficial or dedicated are same, and nondedicated are those you start as single player. on unofficial servers you have 0 new people most of time. owners can kill servers when they got bored. and its hard to find some server with or without mods you want and with or without rates you want.

to cut this rant short, if you want to play pve, i would chosededicated. if you want to play pvp, officials are place to be but be ready to get stomped to ground unless you join some good and established tribe like ours :D  and yes, we are recruiting :D

Since I'm just starting aberration plan on playing pve till I learn the map, couldn't really tell the difference between the unofficial and dedicated, seemed the same to me.  Played on a dedicated pvp already but someone was trolling around on a rock drake killing all the nakeds, after he killed my tames was just sitting outside my base waiting for me to come out so I just logged out

24 minutes ago, DizzyDo said:

Since I'm just starting aberration plan on playing pve till I learn the map, couldn't really tell the difference between the unofficial and dedicated, seemed the same to me.  Played on a dedicated pvp already but someone was trolling around on a rock drake killing all the nakeds, after he killed my tames was just sitting outside my base waiting for me to come out so I just logged out

unofficial is same as dedicated. its even worse on official pvp, just so you know. looks like worst people tend to play ark

Because on unofficial servers—those that people choose to host, and not on an official WC cluster—hosts can change server settings, such as spawn and gather rates, daytime/nighttime cycle settings, how much it will rain, mods (if you’re on PC) and so on.

Officials are your vanilla servers; most weekends WC will do EXP events that increase breeding/hatching, gathering, and overall boosts experience so people level faster. And that’s about it. Official servers are your best way to learn the game without getting totally spoiled by the benefits that unofficial servers provide. Plus, you also experience the TRUE ARK environment on officials. ?

I understand the difference between official and unofficial, and I get the difference between dedicated and non dedicated but whats the difference between the unofficials and dedicated, it just seems like the same thing.  Thanks for all the feedback, I get the whole true Ark experience thing but I prefer boosted rates, wc made the game a bit to grindy for my tastes.

Won't let me post for some reason, I will try to be more clear.  Is unofficial someone renting a server where as dedicated would be like having a second xbox and running it off that?  Trying to decide what would be more stable, I feel that a rented server has a better chance of being around for a while and can't see someone leaving a xbox on for 24/7 and it lasting very long.

Archived