crossplay How to setup windows 10 server for cross play

stubbs

Hello,

I'm looking to run a PC server for xbox crossplay. Is the only way to accomplish this the same as running it on an xbox? Meaning, you have to run ARK and have people join off your gamertag? Or is there a way where you can run it similar to how steam servers work (standalone server program)? I'd like to run a cluster but I can find anywhere that outlines the limitations or setup types that cross play supports. I have a enterprise server that I want to run multiple servers on at once.

I would like to know this as well. I had hoped Ark Server Manager would work with crossplay on the Xbox but it is just for PC ark. I am able to run a single server from the PC with a second gamer ID on Xbox . If I made a third ID is there a way to run a second ark game to run a second server ?  Could I transfer in between them ? 

8 hours ago, jessy said:

I think you cant run multiple server on the same machine i could be wrong. But im prety sure you cant do transfer cluster either since you cant acces config files.

Yea that's lame, I really hope this isn't so limited because they are partnered with Nitrado and trying to make them money by severely limiting hosting capabilities for everyone else. I REALLY want to run a cluster or at the very least run a proper server. 

I am hosting on one machine windows 10, and playing on another with my xbox and another PC. I only have 1 copy of the game. Windows 10 allows 5 devices to share the same windows store licenses so my hosting machine runs the server (too bad the hosted machine still has to run graphics at the same time, no graphicless option like on steam) and I use a silver xbox account on there.  I wish we had the same configuration options as the Steam dedicated version though, sliders are nice but also the ability to make custom options would be nice. 

I am not entirely sure how it is handling my IP address though since I don't have a static IP. I guess ARK is providing some kind of dynamic dns service. 

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, xspyboyx said:

What ports are Ark Cross platform host for windows using? I've tried fwd the standard ports but can't connect via invite or find it in the server list.

Any ideas?

on the windows xbox app, test network connection, make sure it say NAT open and there are no teredo issus. This will help connecting via invite, server list is a day 1 ark issue with no fix insight. 

What ports makes the NAT open on the xbox app? Right now I have :

UDP: 7777,7778,7779,4380,25147,27000-27031,27036

TCP: 25147,27015-27030,27036-27037

All FWD to the pc hosting the Win10CrossPlatform Ark Server yet xbox app say moderate.

I have these ports FWD to my xbox:

UDP: 53,88,500,3544,4500

TCP: 53

TCP/UDP: 3074,3075,3076,3077

I get a completely open NAT on my xbox.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Archived