ARK Xbox v731: Split-screen, Dimetrodon, Dung Beetle, Gallimimus & more!

Jatheish

UI scaling is broken now. The slider only changes the size of the UI icons. Before I was able to use the slider to make the UI fit on screen (I could bring icons and hotbar in closer to center of the screen, away from the screen's borders).

Now my Stats on the right side of the screen are completely missing, and the bottom half of my hotbar is clipped off the bottom of the screen.

Possible solution by the devs... revert to the old UI scaling method, or...

Keep the current UI scale to change Icon size (one for chat fonts would be nice too! Chat is WAAYYY too small) and...

Independent sliders for the Height and Width of the screen display. (TV settings already have the screen shrunken down to fit within displayable parameters).

1 minute ago, GeoMetalStar said:

UI scaling is broken now. The slider only changes the size of the UI icons. Before I was able to use the slider to make the UI fit on screen (I could bring icons and hotbar in closer to center of the screen, away from the screen's borders).

Now my Stats on the right side of the screen are completely missing, and the bottom half of my hotbar is clipped off the bottom of the screen.

Possible solution by the devs... revert to the old UI scaling method, or...

Keep the current UI scale to change Icon size (one for chat fonts would be nice too! Chat is WAAYYY too small) and...

Independent sliders for the Height and Width of the screen display. (TV settings already have the screen shrunken down to fit within displayable parameters).

6 minutes ago, Miglet said:

For anybody having UI issues, try to change your TV resolution. It worked for mine, but it might not work for everybody

5 minutes ago, wheremark said:

Just worked for me too. Cheers

Alright! I know I've  complained already but my complaints are in hopes that they read them and fix these issues. So onward to my problem. I FOUND A LEVEL 120 GALLIMIMUS!! thanks to all that congrats me. Now my problem.. can't make dimetrodon kibble. I know how to search recipes and put it all in cooker with water skins aswell as intake pipe. Still didn't make it. Tried fertalized then went on a hunting spree for a male dimetrodon (hard Lil poops to find.) Finally my friend borrowed me one and I got unfertalized eggs. Still no kibble.. is this just me or?

1 hour ago, HobnobblerGames said:

Has anyone found a dung beetle yet as I have looked for 2 hours with no sign of one if you have let me know what cave please 

Dungbeetles are found in caves. I went to the north southern cave. Close to swamp biomedical where I found dimetrodon aswell. Bring large poop for best taming. And careful they look like spiders from far/behind in the dark. But don't need repellant 

3 hours ago, Beatnick667 said:

When do we get the status icons and clean graphics back?  Oh yeah I'm a single player type.  Does that mean no new Dino's, cause there aren't any.  And when can I expect to turn on the game and not find my best Dino's gone not dead just gone?  Not totally pissed, but after hours of work into something or anything only a child would think there wouldn't be a reason to get pissed.  The glare yo, it's like I'm trying to look at a gods butthole right after bleaching, it's on the water, horizon, it's just far to intense even after augmenting the gamma and brightness.

I play single aswell and am tired of losing dinos randomly.. my giganot Mr sugarbottoms is now gone. Not dead just gone. Same with my LV 114 baby giga that had food (but could have eaten it all who knows) new dinos can be found d however by killing the old ones off in the area they spawn (swamps caves and the hill south of volcano where I found all 3 new dinos) and the flashing strobe like colors off the water makes me feel like I'm in a screwed up dino rave it's messing with me.

1 hour ago, Bynk said:

Hello Guys!

My ark updated to version 731, and i created a local play, but when i press the 2nd controller start (hamburger) button, the game doesn't split the screen, just xbox answers who i am, and want to select the other player. I have a kinect maybe that's the problem?

no the kinect isnt a problem. after asking who it is and they (2ndplayer) signs in, just exit the game and then go back into the game and press start (2ndcontroller) again.

After the update everything on the right of the screen such as the health, stamina, food, water etc is too far so I can't see it, this is the same for the dino's when I ride them. I changed the UI and everything else will get smaller and bigger depending how I change it. All the things on the right don't change tho so right now I can't even play the game without the risk of myself or a dino dying, please fix this so I can actually play the game.