pvp Epos RP PVPVE S3 Now Open for Recruitment!

Akeema

Http://www.eposrp.com 

https://discord.gg/zYFuAZF

Quick Guide to Our Systems: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CRsheOMoH13J9gGKbjZbPv1DtAlCrlEBvQVCB4rSTq4/edit?usp=sharing

Lore

Welcome one and all to the world of Epos Prime in our third season! This season takes place on the home world of Epos Prime, the mother planet to what Eposians learned last season was their colony planet created by a genesis project from Epos Prime thousands of years ago.

The season takes place on beautiful Ragnarok where the dangers are greater from dinosaurs this season. They are not the only threat to this world, though. Epos Prime is fresh from a war with an alien hive race who ate everything like locust, seeking knowledge to add to their hive mind. They ransacked the land and left little in their wake.

The Hive War left the land devastated and those left alive seek to rebuild. While people are building homes, the orders too seek to rebuild as well. The Light Order seeks to walk in the path of righteousness, while The Dark Order seeks the path of shadows and secrets. The Order of Neutrality seeks to find balance between the two. Each member of Epos chooses what side to support and seeks to join an order. The Syndicates, both destroyed by the war seek to re-grow their numbers as well. Offering the ability to tame Wyvers on Griffins.

The Mutes of Mankirk have re-opened trade routes with the planet and seek goods at the Market from players in exchange for gold. The Cartels are coming back strong offering the rights to tame, sell, purchase and breed Quetzals, Rock Golems, and Phoenix as well as live under the waves. 

With all of the choices you can truly make your character your own and stand out. Will you be a humble farmer or a daring pirate or something in between?

For our servers current Lore up to this point, please visit our lore page.

------------------

What We're About

Here at Epos we're all about RP and Community. We are about good friends, good RP and having fun in a relaxed atmosphere. We seek to enhance ark by creating our own systems to bring the game more challenges, more interactions, and a working economy system. We strive to provide goals and activities as well as story lines that keep even players with thousands of hours entertained.

We all work together as a team to give the world I imagined life and this community is truly my RP Family. I am always grateful and in awe of the support I have from members with this crazy idea I had to break from owning PVP servers and go with my newfound love of RP.

I, as an admin, treat my members as friends and with respect. However, I do hand out punishments should players break the rules and do ban when necessary. (I have 0 tolerance for liars and cheaters.) I’ve been running servers since October 2015 and have learned many lessons over the years, each one contributing toward becoming a better admin. I’m still learning after all this time as we're always learning!

If you’re looking for a relaxed RP community where there is stability, a sense of community, and an active admin… we are the place for you!

------------------

What We Are Looking For

We’re always up for more members! We do deny applications if we feel they are not a good fit for the community. It is rare, but it happens. We want people who are in it for the RP and will follow our rules without the fear of admin punishment being the only reason. We want people who are happy to play on our systems and follow our rules because they think it's fun. We seek those who will read our rules and learn them without being forced to by warnings and bans. Everyone messes up time to time and we understand that, but blatantly breaking the rules or not taking the time to read them will get you a ban.

The only real way to have your application denied here is if you put no effort into your character backstory or write in character backstory section something that is not RP at all.

Examples:

Backstory: I was a traveller until I took an arrow to the knee. (Yes… I have seen just this line put two different times by two different people and both applications were denied.)

Backstory: Hi! My name is Jane and I'm 18. I love the look of your server and look forward to logging in! (I'll often get this one and let them know to write an actual RP background and they send it in and are accepted. I have no problem ic you want to post this after your backstory on the forum, but there must be a character background present.)

------------------

Server Info

Our mod list can be seen here.

We also suggest you check our our RP Server Statistics Spreadsheet which keeps track of all of our stats on who is what and where on the server.

Our server is whitelisted and you will need to apply and be approved before you may join.

XP: 4X

Gather: 5X

Tame: 6X

Food and water: .8

Player levels standard

Dino levels 150

Dino damage 2X

Wild Dino damage 2X… this means wild dinos hit 4X harder than vanilla. We wanted a challenge for the season and to make bred and imprinted dinos really matter as well as blueprints for higher level items. Many players have established inns or inns in the works for new players!

Carry weight increase per point for players and dinos.

Supreme oxygen per point increase for those members looking to live underwater.

Baby Cuddle interval: .16

Baby Mature Speed: 9X

Egg Hatch Speed: 5X

Global corpse decomp: 3X

Global item decomp: 2X

Global spoiling timer: 1

Lay Egg interval: .8

Mating interval: .4

A document with our server config files can be seen here.

------------------

Helpful Documents to Check Out

Below is a list of documents I have created and maintain for the server. They are quick references and aids to the server for players. All the rules on the website should be read thoroughly before you apply, but these are some helpful things for those thinking of applying to help you get a feel for the server before reading more in detail about our other rules.

Crafting Guide - This is a quick reference to professions, alignments, paths and organizations.

Server Statistics - This will tell you what krus people chose, what paths they chose and what alignment they chose. Helpful for people not wanting to choose the most popular things.

Epos Pricing Guide - This is a quick reference for our economy and a tool players can use to calculate the worth of things for selling and trading. It does not have to be used, but is used by the Mutes of Mankirk (Admin NPC tables that buy items from players.)

General Server Rules - These are our conduct rules and dictate how others should act while on our server.

Discord Chat - Feel free to hop in here and ask any questions you like before joining!

Epos Event Calendar - As the season progresses all of our admin and player made events are listed on here so people can plan!

------------------

New Player Starting Guide

We recognize our systems can be a bit daunting at first and we want to help you get the best start possible. I’ve put this New Player Starting guide here to help you all through the process of creating your character’s bones and help you get a better feel of our server.

New members to Epos Prime choose how to begin their journey through either being a native to the world, or arriving anywhere from all of time and space through these odd wormhole portals that open up periodically all over the planet. Scientists have yet to be able to explain their existence, but they never bring anyone dull and often people who need it the most.

The second decision you’ll need to make is what Kru to belong to. This season our factions are broken into 8 Krus. Krus are made up of alliances of smaller tribes and individuals. It is an important decision as you must live in your Kru’s territory. You also get a primary alignment and path based off of where you live. You’ll also get to choose a secondary for both later in this guide. Kru’s are Vynekru, Trikru, Snokru, Seakru, Nokru, Sandkru, YonKru and Swakru. For full details on Krus, please see our Kru Page.

After choosing an arrival method and Kru, new members of Epos Prime will need to choose their profession. We have a variety to choose from and each one contains the engrams you are allowed to use to make items. This is based on an honor system and you will be banned if caught crafting restricted items. We have never had to do this in our 6 month history of using this system, though. Trade is easy enough with our systems that there is no need to cheat.

We have homesteader, huntsman, gunsmith, saddler, Engineer, technician, Smithy. For full details on professions and profession rules, please visit our professions page.

Next settlers will choose a secondary Alignment, which allows them to choose another set of animals to tame and breed in addition to the Primary set they get with their Kru. You may choose from Mountain, Ocean, wetlands, jungle, forest, and desert. Make sure you do not choose the same as your Primary Kru given alignment unless you want to limit yourself to just one! For full details on alignments, please see our alignment page.

Finally at startup you may choose a secondary Path that is different from your primary Kru given one. Paths are a form of profession that is solely RP based that we wish to keep track of and monitor. If you can think of an RP path outside of these, please feel free to do them. These we just like reported so we have numbers and can keep track. Paths are: enforcer, care, nature, shadows, bounty, piracy, merchant and devout. Make sure to choose one that is different from your Primary path unless you want to limit yourself to one. See more about paths on our Paths Page.

------------------

Commonly Asked Questions

Click the above link for some of the common questions we get and my answer to them. 

------------------

Thank you so much for taking a look at Epos and should you have any questions at all, feel free to message me Akeema (Tali) on discord or ask questions here! We all look forward to gaming with you!

• 3 weeks later...

Our website is down for the night as we're switching hosts and it takes up to 24 hours for the DNS to update. If you'd like to apply to join, feel free to join our discord and message Akeema! 

https://discord.gg/zYFuAZF

Info on our systems can be found here for the night: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CRsheOMoH13J9gGKbjZbPv1DtAlCrlEBvQVCB4rSTq4/edit?usp=sharing

Archived