Server Difficulty and Wild Dino Max Level

SoddenHalfling1

Are you killing the lower level dinos off? It can be hard to find anything 25+ but killing things for respawns speeds the process up a great deal. Just kill everything in an area, move a distance away then come back and things will have respawned, hopefully at a higher level. If not, repeat the process until you do. High level wilds can be rare so it can take some patience, especially on animals that aren't super common. It took me weeks to find a max level spino on my server, was worth it though.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi there! 

I'm playing ark on the Xbox one early access and I was wondering if anyone could tell me why when I play on official servers wild Dinos can vary from level 1-120 as far as I've seen wheras when I play on my own non-dedicated server I can only find Dinos at a maximum of level 34. 

This isn't really a massive issue for me because I can't see many advantages or disadvantages to this aside from the fact that fighting wild Dinos is never really a challenge. 

Is this down to the difficulty setting?

43 minutes ago, D4u2s0t said:

Be warned, you will probably die.  A lot.  lol   I don't know how much you have played, but if you are going to wander north for the first time, I wouldn't recommend bringing anything too valuable.  :-) 

this. take it from me...LOL

if you want to explore, put a sleeping bed down and go looking around.  im on the west side and mostly i see some 20s-30s.

Another thing you can do is what I did on my own single player. Take a rex or a good damage dino and just start killing everything to open up new spawn slots for the dinos

I killed off a lot of the brontos and pera's in the middle of the map and started seeing some more rex's and spinos popping up around the island

4 minutes ago, Bigchevy1984 said:

Another thing you can do is what I did on my own single player. Take a rex or a good damage dino and just start killing everything to open up new spawn slots for the dinos

I killed off a lot of the brontos and pera's in the middle of the map and started seeing some more rex's and spinos popping up around the island

ya i did that too and got the devil raptors r*ping my face LOL, be aware!

On 05/02/2016 at 5:53 AM, Etihw said:

Thanks guys. I mean on my official PVp server there are lvl 100+ all over my base in the south, but I can't get that high of a level to spawn there in my single player with difficulty maxed. Does it have something to do with how many days in game have passed?

@Etihw After you have changed the difficulty you need to kill old dinosaurs to make new ones spawn in of higher levels.

It doesn't matter how many days have passed, but the longer you wait, the more wild dinosaurs will kill each other off and allow new dinos to spawn.

Hey, Im new to ark and the forums. I was wondering if it is worth it to have higher level dinos by increasing the difficulty. All of my dinos on SP are around level 20 and I play with a low difficulty. But I dont know if I should increase the difficulty and go get new dinos. Does anyone recommend a higher difficulty? 

Archived