Those Confusing Obelisks.......

BlueSpark

I would love to help but the only time I have used these are for the drops from the beacons. I believe the Obelisk you can summon bosses using certain attained items such as rex arms and argy feet. I also believe that from both you can upload dino's and items to be transferred to another server - but I am yet to do this.

Perhaps someone more knowledgeable can provide a better answer... my apologies, I just fly round and collect from the beacons at the moment.

Obilisks and drops pretty much have the same function with the bosses and transfers. Drops give you items of course, but are usally really bad anyway.

The only good drops are in the caves, and in the deep sea.

When you upload something you have 24 hours before it goes, also when uploading and downloading a dino it will receive a 12 hour cooldown before it can be uploaded again.

I rarely use them, but this is what I know so far of Obelisks (I'm not touching upon drops, those weren't mentioned in your post).

Obelisks have several functions:

• You teleport to boss arena's from them. Activate a teleport to a boss arena using the specific items it asks for at the pedestal. Any dino on the circle pad under the obelisk will be teleported with you (excluding all flyers, Giga, Bronto, and Diplo). Max 20 dinos and 10 players. Other tames not in your tribe will teleport with you if they are standing on it.
  • You can upload and download dinos, characters, and items with the obelisk. This is how people transfer servers without losing their tames or items or levels. Keep in mind, at present, whatever you upload stays in the obelisk for only 24 hours before it gets erased. So plan ahead. Know what server you are moving to before you upload anything.
  • Uploading puts things into the obelisk. Download takes things out.

Archived