A New start, question and doubts

PeterManize

Hi, so i have a few questions. Everything is related to the singleplayer game mode.

I am going straight for the point, since i a just want to talk about it because i am kinda of annoyed by this.

I am going to start with this question and doubt:
Everytime any of you start a brand, and fresh save, with new configuration, anyone notices the dinos present on your area, where you do spawn?
For example, if you have a trike at level 10, or a parasaur level 110... anything and everything that you can recall.

If so, then let me ask you, that if you ever do delete the save files of that map - The Saved folder, without using the ingame option - for whatever reason it doesn't matter for the topic, and do a restart of the game. Afterwards you start a new save in the same map, and in the same spawn location, do you notice if the creatures are literally the same? If the same trike at level 10, or the parasaur level 110 is in the same location?

For me this has happening since i ever started playing the game. These spawns only change when the game is updated, otherwise they remain the same no matter how many times I install, clear configurations, restart my PC or game. The only exception in which these creatures might "change" - meaning there is a true random spawn at the start - is if i delete the Saved folder, while the game is running in the main menu (after exiting an already generated save).

Has any singleplayer ever experienced this?
My main issue with this, is that my saves are always the same and terribly unfair. I have always spawned on South2 and started working my way up to the North, However right now it has not been a good experience for me everytime i start.

The reason is this: Everytime I start i encounter 2 Sarcos at levels 140 and 145, and i have the best luck for them to be mate boosted. I can outrun them but even then i can only go so far before eventually die. Then to my surprise I have literally 2 Alpha raptors on the left coast side. One is at level 10, another at 150. Just great. 

These past days, since the update i have been fightning to actually being able to do SOMETHING, yet i can't. 

So my last question is, is there any way to clear these spawns? Besides using the ingame destroywilddinos command?
Is there a registry, a save file, something that i could delete it, to sparkle a new save without resorting to using that command?

Please share it, thank you.

6 minutes ago, PeterManize said:

Hi, so i have a few questions. Everything is related to the singleplayer game mode.

I am going straight for the point, since i a just want to talk about it because i am kinda of annoyed by this.

I am going to start with this question and doubt:
Everytime any of you start a brand, and fresh save, with new configuration, anyone notices the dinos present on your area, where you do spawn?
For example, if you have a trike at level 10, or a parasaur level 110... anything and everything that you can recall.

If so, then let me ask you, that if you ever do delete the save files of that map - The Saved folder, without using the ingame option - for whatever reason it doesn't matter for the topic, and do a restart of the game. Afterwards you start a new save in the same map, and in the same spawn location, do you notice if the creatures are literally the same? If the same trike at level 10, or the parasaur level 110 is in the same location?

For me this has happening since i ever started playing the game. These spawns only change when the game is updated, otherwise they remain the same no matter how many times I install, clear configurations, restart my PC or game. The only exception in which these creatures might "change" - meaning there is a true random spawn at the start - is if i delete the Saved folder, while the game is running in the main menu (after exiting an already generated save).

Has any singleplayer ever experienced this?
My main issue with this, is that my saves are always the same and terribly unfair. I have always spawned on South2 and started working my way up to the North, However right now it has not been a good experience for me everytime i start.

The reason is this: Everytime I start i encounter 2 Sarcos at levels 140 and 145, and i have the best luck for them to be mate boosted. I can outrun them but even then i can only go so far before eventually die. Then to my surprise I have literally 2 Alpha raptors on the left coast side. One is at level 10, another at 150. Just great. 

These past days, since the update i have been fightning to actually being able to do SOMETHING, yet i can't. 

So my last question is, is there any way to clear these spawns? Besides using the ingame destroywilddinos command?
Is there a registry, a save file, something that i could delete it, to sparkle a new save without resorting to using that command?

Please share it, thank you.

use the command  destroywilddinos  it will wipe all wild dinos on the map and dinos will repopulate the server spawning in at random levels. this should solve your problem.

Just now, IamTANK said:

use the command  destroywilddinos  it will wipe all wild dinos on the map and dinos will repopulate the server spawning in at random levels. this should solve your problem.

I am aware, truth is i would have prefered another option. To actually be able to control the fresh spawn points everytime i want to start a fresh save file in either map, without literally starting a save and have to literally pull out the console command, after 1 second in game,  and use it to have an advantage. I feel like i am cheating and don't feel good about it, honestly.

But i am guessing, that that's the only option. Just want to make sure though. thanks for the help anyways, i might in the end using the command.

2 minutes ago, PeterManize said:

I am aware, truth is i would have prefered another option. To actually be able to control the fresh spawn points everytime i want to start a fresh save file in either map, without literally starting a save and have to literally pull out the console command, after 1 second in game,  and use it to have an advantage. I feel like i am cheating and don't feel good about it, honestly.

But i am guessing, that that's the only option. Just want to make sure though. thanks for the help anyways, i might in the end using the command.

if you use the "single player" check box it should make life a lot easier for you because the base game is set for tribe play , but you can check that box and the map will be designed for single play as far as dmg and health and time it takes to progress

Just now, Ulta said:

What an interesting discovery. I never really 'restarted' my singleplayer, so I never really paid attention to what's there the moment I start a new game.

As far as I'm aware though, no there is no real way to control spawns to THAT degree. A simple destroywilddinos command is really your only option.

Well, there is nothing else. I Might just have to endure my own unconfortability of using it Lol.
Might as well, open up my deck here. In the hopes that some dev, sees this for a future fix, because of how it can be exploited Muahaha!

I am a singleplayer, and i am always facing my own personal problems on long running saves. Mostly getting bored for the extreme grinding experience in late game.

I never complained before, since i always found a way to have a clear advantage over the environment at the very start of the game. I guess there's no point in hiding or lying about it, someone will figure it out, ahaha.

Since, at least for me, my fresh saves have had always this kinda of "static start behaviour". I would just exploit it... basicaly whenever i found a high level dino (It has always been the same trike at Lv150 xD), i would just memorize its location and patterns for either tame it right now and then , or for a future restart.

You can see the absurd advantage it is lol. Everytime I started fresh, with little effort i would know every creature location in the map, where i could either tame the same ones, or avoid that region if there was a Giga. Because logic right? Lol

I guess i actually miss that trike. No matter the challenge it was taming it with a slingshot, how many times i died, it was always worth it all the way till the very end, sad part is i never got to breed it. snif.

Now that i have everything against me i just want a randomizer, to shuffle the creatures around the map. And actually get and experience based on luck or bad luck. ahah

Got sick and tired of the sarcos and the alphas roaming and taking everything for themselves.

I suppose it could be 'abused', but not many players start over their singleplayers often, if ever sometimes. It's such a minuet 'bug/issue' that if I was WC, I wouldn't' really see a detrimental issue with it to fork some time to fix, especially if you could just wipe the map yourself with 1 cheat code and then be set. I'm all for not cheating, but singleplayer is the only place I would say go nuts. And even then, it's just a wild dino wipe. To me that's not something to cringe doing, especially if it's just a one time thing at fresh save.

And hey, we can only spend so many 1,000's of hours with ARK before you will get bored of it =P Every game is like that. But at least ARK has enough of a 'hook' factor to keep you coming back. Least that's been the case with me.

2 hours ago, Ulta said:

What an interesting discovery. I never really 'restarted' my singleplayer, so I never really paid attention to what's there the moment I start a new game.

As far as I'm aware though, no there is no real way to control spawns to THAT degree. A simple destroywilddinos command is really your only option.

i thought the same thing that's what drew me to this thread :)

Archived