Solitak

Previous Fan Dossiers (Steam/Community Hub):

• - Edaphosaurus (Edaphosaurus agricola)
  • - Yutyrannus (Yutyrannus sishen)
  • - Yi Qi (Yi qiangdao)
  • - Chalicotherium (Chalicotherium robustus)
  • - Gorgonops (Gorgonops terrorem)
  • - Leedsicthys (Leedsicthys navigium)
  • - Livyatan (Livyatan peqoudus)
  • - Gigantoraptor (Gigantoraptor tawusen)
  • - Dakotaraptor (Dakotaraptor phantasma)
  • - Protoceratops (Protoceratops lanatae)
  • - Thylacoleo (Thylacoleo carnifex)
  • - Basilosaurus (Basilosaurus hydrarchos)
  • - Archelon (Archelon amicus)
  • - Thylacosmilus (Thylacosmilus scimitarus)
  • - Prionosuchus (Prionosuchus curadora)
  • - Entelodon (Entelodon daemonus)
  • - Cameroceras (Cameroceras aeolipilus)
  • - Sinornithosaurus (Sinornithosaurus gu)
  • - Scutosaurus (Scutosaurus chalybus)
  • - Tylosaurus (Tylosaurus tenax)
  • - H. floresiensis (H. floresiensis veneficium)
  • - H. neanderthalensis (H. neanderthalensis sapiens)
  • - Macrauhenia (Macrauhenia darwinii)
  • - Amargasaurus (Amargasaurus impalare)
  • - Aegirocassis (Aegirocassis gigantis)
  • - Argentinosaurus (Argentinosaurus rex ultimus)
  • - Velociraptor (Velociraptor harenam)
  • - Ornimegalonyx (Ornimegalonyx plagarius)
  • - Shastasaurus (Shastasaurus oceanus)

Introducing an alternate Argentavis! The scavenger of the skies!

Common Name: Argentavis
Species Name:
Argentavis fulgidus (Shining Silver Bird)
Time: Late Miocene
Diet: Carrion Feeder
Temperament:
Skittish

Tameable: Yes
Rideable: Yes
Utilities:
Transport, Soaring Flyer, Carrion Feeder

Wild:

Argentavis fulgidus is the only scavenger on the Island, making them quite a unique creature amongst a place of predators. Having so many carcasses of gigantic animals has led them to become extremely common across the island. Having no natural predators also helps them immensely in their role as a scavenger, being virtually unchallenged in the skies. However, the presence of the Argentavis is quite beneficial, as the Island would simply be not as healthy or as functioning without the Argentavis, as a massive flock can clean out an entire Brontosaurus in a few days, decreasing the chances for disease to spread to other creatures. Although they seem intimidating, they are actually much more docile than most survivors think. Being only focused on eating carrion, they don't pick fights with creatures very often, and will actually run away very quickly if they sense danger.

Domesticated:

Due to their skittishness, it can be somewhat difficult to tame one of these magnificent birds, as they do not like to touch the ground unless they are feeding. However, once tamed, an Argentavis is an excellent workhorse for a tribe. They have lots of stamina, which allows them to fly across the entire Island quite easily. Unlike other flying creatures, Argentavis does not need to flap its wings in order to stay airborne, which actually increases its time in the air, making them perfect aerial scouts and transports. In addition, their digestive system is quite corrosive, which allows them to eat spoiled meat, making sure that nothing is wasted. Lastly, their claws can grab onto creatures, making for an easy tame or kill.

Additional Info:

Tribes have actually used the flocks of Argentavis fulgidus to their advantage, acting as a way of waste disposal for them, as they can scrounge through garbage for rotten meat and other food scraps. In addition, many tribes have devised ways to tame an Argantavis, as they can coax a single bird through a carcass, allowing for an easier tame. Some have even used dead prisoners in order to attract some, although many survivors believe it is morally questionable to do so.

Author's Notes:

It's time for a new dossier and this time it is the scavenger of the skies, the Argentavis!

This unique bird is the only scavenger on the Island, and it is integral to the ecosystem of the Island, as they can help prevent disease from spreading to other creatures. As a result of their niche in the ecosystem and the lack of predators which prey on this species, they are omnipresent across the entire Island, where they seek to eat carcasses of anything, including gigantic Brontos and Gigas, where massive flocks could consume in a matter of days. Despite their rather intimidating appearance, they are actually quite skittish and quickly fly away if they sense hostility, since they aren't aggressive towards any animal.

This makes it difficult for survivors to tame these creatures unless they can catch them off guard, which is why it is better to coax them through dead animals in order to get a precise shot. Once tamed, they can become excellent workhorses that can help manage the many tasks that are required in the Island. They perform differently from Pteranodons, as they prefer bulk and stamina over speed. As a result, they have tons of stamina, which allows them to be airborne much longer. In addition, they can soar by stopping all flapping movements in their wings and let the air currents keep them airborne. This decreases the stamina drain on the Argentavis even further, allowing it to maintain flight for an obscenely long time. However, the problem is that the Argentavis can't maneuver as well as normal, and it is usually better for a soaring Argentavis to be in a straight direction.

Another thing about the Argentavis is that it can consume spoiled meat, like a Scorpion. This allows a survivor to never waste any meat, increasing efficiency. Plus, an Argentavis will always choose spoiled meat over fresh meat, which means it can preserve any prime or raw meat needed for a tame. Lastly, Argentavis fulgidus can grab creatures similar to its in-game counterpart, which can allow it for an easy tame or kill.

Comparing it to the Pteranodon, Argentavis fulgidus has more health, stamina, and weight than its pterosaur counterpart. In addition, it can carry heavier animals than the Pteranodon. However, Argentavis actually does less damage than the pterosaur, relying on grabbing its prey in order to ensure a kill. Still, an Argentavis will always outfly a Pteranodon in an endurance contest, so they both have their pros and cons.

While Argentavis fulgidus does seem somewhat similar to its in-game counterpart, it does have some differences that allow it to differentiate from it, as well as gain some advantages and quirks that truly make it a unique creature.

Thanks for reading!

20 minutes ago, Kirito said:

So now that you have run out of creatures to do, you are making revised alternate dossiers? *sigh*

I did one on the Leedsichthys, didn't I?

Plus it is my own dossier and what I think the Argentavis should have, since the Argentavis in-game is clearly different from the one in the fan dossier (An aggressive short-tempered bird that really isn't a scavenger). Plus I like adding unique features to different creatures like the soaring mechanic, since I would like more people use different creatures because of what they offer like soaring or barrel rolling, instead of pure stats.

I haven't looked at your revised dossiers, and I don't take feedback based on viewer replies, given that's your main purpose with the revised dossiers. So really, it is my own thing.

Maybe I'll do a new creature or I'll re-do an existing dossier like the Leedsichthys or the Argentavis. It will up to me if I think it should be added into ARK.

Archived